new horizons group

Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:09 am
Just Joined

emilymonty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new horizons group

Hi, I am new on here and would appreciate some feedback.

I am starting the process of an EB5 visa for me and my family with a view to moving to Connecticut. I have done some research on this route and it is definitely my best bet.

I have met with New Horizons group who advertise all over the net and they seemed pretty good, however I am a sceptical person and need to convince myself that these are the best people to entrust 500k with and that the project that they recomemnd i.e redevelopment of military bases in Sacramento is also a good choice.

I am aware that any company in this field are going to be making money out of me - that is not an issue, likewise if we lose some or all of our money then that is not going to be the end of the world. More importantly I would like to hear if any one has had good (or bad) experience of gaining a EB5 through this firm and also if there are any similar companies that I should be looking at.

Many thanks in advance

Emilymonty
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Bitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really nice
Default Re: new horizons group

Hello (I'm a newbie too)
I am currently using NHG right now too. I found them on the web and attended their forum and as a result signed up with them. I totally understand your anxiety about parting with your money and handing over your life savings to what might seem like complete strangers.

All I can say is this: they are totally 100% legitimate and professional.

They've helped me with my E2 application.

The process started when I found a business in September last year, it took 3 months to get all the paperwork together before the application was in a state ready enough to be submitted. This time frame was through no fault of theirs, I was negotiating with the seller and CPA and landlord of the business. The application got filed in January and in March I heard about my interview date which is next week!

The process hasn't been easy and please don't think you can sit back and let them do all the work for you - that's not what they're about. They will guide and support you through the process and advise you wherever needed. It's been a long process and I've had to put in a lot of time, effort and money. When I got a complete copy of my application pack it was a ream of paper thick with info which there is no way on earth I would have been able to put together myself.

They will do whatever they can to help, but be mindful there are things you need to do yourself.
I did a lot of research before signing up with them and there are loads of companies who profess to do what they do. But then on further investigation it turned out that these other companies only do bits of the application and you have to do a lot more yourself.

They're not the cheapest but then they're not the most expensive either. Visa's are so important that you just can't take the risk of messing it all up just to save yourself a few pennies.
They're not perfect, no-one is. I'll admit to having a few "heated" discussions with them, but it was partly due to misunderstandings from both sides, but the important thing is that we were able to professionally and responsibly sort everything out.

Everything aside I can personally recommend them 100% and I will be using them when it comes to renewing my visa.

I hope that helps and offers you some re-assurance.

(I know my visa is different to yours, so I can't comment specifically to what they're like with your one or their advice re Sacramento, but with me, I genuinely believe I couldn't have received a better service)

Last edited by Bitzi; Apr 17th 2008 at 9:53 am.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emilymonty

I am starting the process of an EB5 visa for me and my family with a view to moving to Connecticut. I have done some research on this route and it is definitely my best bet.

I have met with New Horizons group who advertise all over the net and they seemed pretty good, however I am a sceptical person and need to convince myself that these are the best people to entrust 500k with and that the project that they recomemnd i.e redevelopment of military bases in Sacramento is also a good choice.

I am aware that any company in this field are going to be making money out of me - that is not an issue, likewise if we lose some or all of our money then that is not going to be the end of the world. More importantly I would like to hear if any one has had good (or bad) experience of gaining a EB5 through this firm and also if there are any similar companies that I should be looking at.

Many thanks in advance

Emilymonty
They are a hard sell company ....but that not a bad thing neccessarily
but I don't see the word Lawyer on their site and lets be frank they main business is as Realtors

Most of the regional centre do use a particular or choice of Law firm
Does the scheme you have chosen give you a choice ...

Remembering the scheme sunsets in Sept with no renewal guaranteed
but probably will be ...not a time to be snoozing.....

I don't see that fact on their site either
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

yadaramola is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
They are a hard sell company ....but that not a bad thing neccessarily
but I don't see the word Lawyer on their site and lets be frank they main business is as Realtors

Most of the regional centre do use a particular or choice of Law firm
Does the scheme you have chosen give you a choice ...

Remembering the scheme sunsets in Sept with no renewal guaranteed
but probably will be ...not a time to be snoozing.....

I don't see that fact on their site either
Hi,

You can have a look at these sites. I have found them useful and had a meeting with Richard Robinson whom I believe works or an agent for American life.

www.eb5-visa.net
www.amlife.us

Good luck
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yadaramola
Hi,

You can have a look at these sites. I have found them useful and had a meeting with Richard Robinson whom I believe works or an agent for American life.

www.eb5-visa.net
www.amlife.us

Good luck
Godd to see they do mention the sunset ...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks in advance

Emilymonty
Hi:

I usually avoid making comments about EB-5. The area scares me, to be frank.

Do note that many of the Regional Centers pay finder's fees or commissions to sales agents. As part of Ray's comment, if you dig into the RC itself, you will probably find the law firm involved -- and it is a small number of immigration firms that do this.

I know that several former military bases are being developed -- for example, the Southern California Logistics center is being developed at the former Norton AFB in San Bernadino -- the infrastructure of handling large aircraft is in place. I know there is a RC involved with that. I know there is a similar development for Northern California at the former Mather AFB in Sacramento. It would not surprise me if there was also another RC for there.

Several comments -- as Ray mentioned, the RC program has a "sunset" for the end of September. The sun has always risen again, but there is no guarantee. The whole VWP program was subject to multiple sunsets until made permanent. Religious Workers have been on three year life spans since 1990. It is usually fairly quiet about renewal of sunsetted programs.

Also, various real estate investment limited partnerships are, in general, suffering financial stress in the current economy. I think independent due diligence is required -- and don't just rely on past performance, look at what is happening now.

Good luck.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

My advise is to check out they employ a lawyer to do you application. Also that the lawyer is a member of a bar assn in the usa

Contact www.flbar.org think they give referrals to qualified lawyers or www.bestlawyers.com
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:44 am
Ray

Originally Posted by scatty
My advise is to check out they employ a lawyer to do you application. Also that the lawyer is a member of a bar assn in the usa

Contact www.flbar.org think they give referrals to qualified lawyers or www.bestlawyers.com
Or http://www.ailalawyer.com/

OP made no mention of Florida ..
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:47 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

In fact, OP states Connecticut.

Last edited by fatbrit; Apr 21st 2008 at 2:54 am.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
In fact, OP states Connecticut.
Hi:

The OP said he wanted to move to Connecticut -- one of the things about investment in Regional Center is that the investor need not be involved in the active management -- and can live anywhere they want.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:46 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The OP said he wanted to move to Connecticut -- one of the things about investment in Regional Center is that the investor need not be involved in the active management -- and can live anywhere they want.
You obviously don't know Susie like I know Susie.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:09 am
Just Joined

lenrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks in advance

Emilymonty
Have you checked out the articles section of this website? You might find it useful?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray

But New horizons is based in Sarasota Florida and the UK. Feel it may be better to employ attorney in the stat you intend to move to
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

leggsy2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bitzi
Hello (I'm a newbie too)
I am currently using NHG right now too. I found them on the web and attended their forum and as a result signed up with them. I totally understand your anxiety about parting with your money and handing over your life savings to what might seem like complete strangers.

All I can say is this: they are totally 100% legitimate and professional.

They've helped me with my E2 application.

The process started when I found a business in September last year, it took 3 months to get all the paperwork together before the application was in a state ready enough to be submitted. This time frame was through no fault of theirs, I was negotiating with the seller and CPA and landlord of the business. The application got filed in January and in March I heard about my interview date which is next week!

The process hasn't been easy and please don't think you can sit back and let them do all the work for you - that's not what they're about. They will guide and support you through the process and advise you wherever needed. It's been a long process and I've had to put in a lot of time, effort and money. When I got a complete copy of my application pack it was a ream of paper thick with info which there is no way on earth I would have been able to put together myself.

They will do whatever they can to help, but be mindful there are things you need to do yourself.
I did a lot of research before signing up with them and there are loads of companies who profess to do what they do. But then on further investigation it turned out that these other companies only do bits of the application and you have to do a lot more yourself.

They're not the cheapest but then they're not the most expensive either. Visa's are so important that you just can't take the risk of messing it all up just to save yourself a few pennies.
They're not perfect, no-one is. I'll admit to having a few "heated" discussions with them, but it was partly due to misunderstandings from both sides, but the important thing is that we were able to professionally and responsibly sort everything out.

Everything aside I can personally recommend them 100% and I will be using them when it comes to renewing my visa.

I hope that helps and offers you some re-assurance.

(I know my visa is different to yours, so I can't comment specifically to what they're like with your one or their advice re Sacramento, but with me, I genuinely believe I couldn't have received a better service)
hi im a newbie too, my husband and i have been to nhg to see the ceo,we are considering an e2 application . but a bit sceptical and nervous not knowing who we are giving our hard earned cash to.you are the first person we have found who is in fact using them, bless you! do you know of anyone else who has been succesful with them? we want to go to texas.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Bitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really nice

Hi there!
Unfortunately I don't know anyone else here who has used them but I can truly say with the benefit of hindsight (we've been here now in the US for 4 months), that they are 100% legitimate. The whole application process is very confusing and daunting and not something I would have been able to tackle by myself. It's not an easy process and even with NHG's guidance and assistance, you are going to have big headaches, sleepless nights and many stressful times. BUT if it's your dream, like it was mine, then of course it's worth it, but you need to be 100% sure it's for you. The REAL hard work starts when you take over your business and the rosy tinted specs come off. Now THAT'S what I didn't fully realize and appreciate.... but each day is getting better.
I would recommend seeing if anyone on their brokerage team has any contacts of business brokers in Texas. It makes it a lot easier if NHG and your broker are able to work together. Just don't sign anything until NHG has given you the green light!!
Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'm more than happy to help where I can.
Also I think they have a very high sucess rate because they don't submit the application until ALL the criteria is met. This however means a lot of work on your side to get the application up to speed.

Last edited by Bitzi; Sep 17th 2008 at 10:16 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.