new fee for I-751 application

Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

haozi101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new fee for I-751 application

Just found out that USCIS increased the fee on application of I-751 from $205 to $275 ($70 for fingerprint fee). I mailed my application out on December 4th, printed out the form and completed it on Dec 1st. At that time, the fee was still $205. I don't know when they changed the fee. Will my application get returned?

Thanks.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new fee for I-751 application

Originally Posted by haozi101
I mailed my application out on December 4th, printed out the form and completed it on Dec 1st.
You mailed the form before you printed it? Wow!

Will my application get returned?
It will probably be returned, yes. No big deal... put the stuff in a new envelope, include the correct fee, and send it out.

Ian
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

I printed and completed the form on Dec 1st, but at that time the fee was still $205. I mailed out the form on Dec 4th. Also my check was cashed on December 7th by USCIS. So if the fee is increased at that time, they shouldn't cash my check and should return my application.

Last edited by haozi101; Dec 18th 2006 at 7:45 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

Since they cashed the cheque, you should be OK.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:34 pm
Kat

Hi
I don't see no increase. A friend just filed her form in November an
her fee was $275. It does state on the form Filing Fee :$275.00
Special Instructions : A $70 biometrics fee is also required. You most
likely will be required to pay the extra $70 for your biometrics. Keep
in mind I am not an attorney just stating what I know from a friends
personal experience.
Good Luck

Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:15 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Just found out that USCIS increased the fee on application of I-751 from $205 to $275 ($70 for fingerprint fee). I mailed my application out on December 4th, printed out the form and completed it on Dec 1st. At that time, the fee was still $205. I don't know when they changed the fee. Will my application get returned?

Thanks.
Hi,
My husband submitted his I-751 to NSC in mid-October. The form on the uscis site at that time listed the filing fee as $205. Nowhere did it mention the biometrics fee, and the paragraph regarding no longer needing to send photos also was not there. We sent photos as they were listed.

It's interesting to note that the version appearing on the site now has a revision date of 08/01/06 (August 1st 06) but it was NOT this version that still appeared in mid October when we filed.

My husband has already had his biometrics, and our check has been cashed, so who knows what will happen. I think it's a bit underhanded to mark the form as revised 08/01/06 when it wasn't posted until at least the latter part of October.

~SecretGarden
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Lorenzo Rojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just checked to see if they cashed the check

The check was cashed. Time to wait for an Notice of Action, or a letter stating something else.

I kind of remember checking the processing fee on December 2 when assembling the packet and it was $205. We mailed the package on monday the 4th of december. The acrobat form still has a new date (Rev. 8/01/06) on the bottom. The file was created on November 24, 2006 in Adobe Designer 7.0, I guess no one proofed the footer for an updated date. The form I downloaded was dated 4/27/06 and had 10/25/06. I did not find anything yet with regards to an increase in fees. I guess it takes about 4 months for and Acrobat form to be approved before it is posted on the website.

I have created some PDFs from cached pages. As far as I can tell the website was update the first week of december.

This link for cached files was working 12/18/06
149.101.23.2/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

The I-751 is still listed at 5 pages. It is now 6 pages, and ask for more paperwork if you have been convicted of a crime. I created a new form my comparing the two forms in Acrobat. Both forms say to check the www.uscis.gov website for update information on forms and fees.

Last edited by Lorenzo Rojo; Dec 18th 2006 at 11:10 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Just checked to see if they cashed the check

"The check was cashed. Time to wait for an Notice of Action, or a letter stating something else." Yes, I guess there is nothing else I can really do except waiting.

"I kind of remember checking the processing fee on December 2 when assembling the packet and it was $205. We mailed the package on monday the 4th of december."

We have almost exactly same timeline. I finalized my package on Dec 3rd and mailed it through express mail on Dec 4th.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

"My husband submitted his I-751 to NSC in mid-October. The form on the uscis site at that time listed the filing fee as $205. Nowhere did it mention the biometrics fee, and the paragraph regarding no longer needing to send photos also was not there. We sent photos as they were listed."

Yes, I printed the I-751 filing instruction on Dec 1st and the form still stated that two passport style photos were needed and we sent in two photos as well. Now they are no longer required.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road

Holy smokes! What are the odds?!? I also sent in my wife's I-751 on December 4. I sent it Priority Mail, not Express. The check was cashed by USCIS on the 7th. I got the form that weekend (the 1st or so), and it said $205, so that's what I sent. I also sent the passport photos.

I guess we're all in the "wait and see" boat. I would *hope* they wouldn't cash the checks if there weren't accepting our applications for processing, but you never know.

Odd thing is, the form is dated August 2006, but it must have just showed up.

Hopefully we just saved $70, but worst case scenario is we just send a new check (I hope those bozos don't trash our apps - I'm moving and I don't want to have to dig through boxes to get all that stuff again...).
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

What a coincidence!! My check was cashed and endorsed by USCIS on Dec 6. But weird thing is that when I have my green return receipt back from post office, it says that it was received on Dec 8th. I am going through NSC and I guess you are going through TSC. Oh well, good luck to you.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Lorenzo Rojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I sent an email to the webmaster of the USCIS website

If you have the time please email <[email protected]>

The form and the filing fee for I-751 has changed from $205 to $275. It would be ideal to have date of when the form and fee changed posted on the website.

The new I-751 form does not require passport photos. The photos will be processed at the biometric appointment.

The new form has a new requirement. Criminal History

The revision dated listed for the form is Rev. 8/01/06 The file was last created on November 24, 2006.

The form now has 6 pages. The website states that it is 5 pages.

I could not find anything on the USCIS website with regards to the information listed above. The forms all refer to the website for any changes to filing fees or to download the most recent forms.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

I know easier said than done (and easy for me to say since we are done with removal of conditions) -- but,

I think you all should take a deep breath and quit worrying about this. Either it will come back and you will need to pay more money, or it won't. Since they cashed your check, my guess is that you are probably not going to get asked for more money.

You have made a timely filing which they seem to have accepted. If they ask for more money, then you pay it at that time. If they later claim that you did not make a timely filing, you have a darn good argument and paper trail showing you did file on time (especially since they even cashed your checks).

Either way, it's not a big deal. Nothing bad is going to happen to you. So relax and just wait for the next piece of paper from them.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I sent an email to the webmaster of the USCIS website

Hi Everyone,

Not only does USCIS have a misinformation line but also a misinformation website. arrgh!

My husband finished his application on the 5th of DEC but we had a bit of delay in the mailing and mailed it on the 13th of Dec. It was received on the 14th by VSC. Since we sent a bank check we'll have to ask the bank tomorrow to see if the check was cashed and I bet it probably was.

I remember searching all the different websites and on yahoo to see if anyone had the new version. the website kept saying new version but the old one kept opening. Also it said the fee was $205 and that 'prior versions are acceptable'.

We'll try to call the misinformation line tomorrow and see what they say.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Rukhie :-)

Originally Posted by Lorenzo Rojo
If you have the time please email <[email protected]>

The form and the filing fee for I-751 has changed from $205 to $275. It would be ideal to have date of when the form and fee changed posted on the website.

The new I-751 form does not require passport photos. The photos will be processed at the biometric appointment.

The new form has a new requirement. Criminal History

The revision dated listed for the form is Rev. 8/01/06 The file was last created on November 24, 2006.

The form now has 6 pages. The website states that it is 5 pages.

I could not find anything on the USCIS website with regards to the information listed above. The forms all refer to the website for any changes to filing fees or to download the most recent forms.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Hi:

This topic of discussion has come up on the Attorney Chat Rooms -- the reports are that the $205 cases are being accepted. It seems that the only place the implementation of biometric fee is noted is on the new instruction sheet and on one page of the INS web site. One of my suite mates wondered if the Service Centers even know about it.

Do note that NO NOTICE was given of this purported change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.