Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

New employer offered to transfer H1B

New employer offered to transfer H1B

Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:16 pm
spanna

Smile New employer offered to transfer H1B

Been offered a new job and the company said they will transfer my H1B - hooray! This means I won't have to deal with the EAD stress (I hope!)

Does anyone know how long the transfer process takes and how it works? Also, my H1B and passport are in my maiden name (I got married in May). Will that be a problem? Will I have to get up passport changed before I can transfer my H1B? Lots of questions!

Thanks in advance!

Old Oct 8th 2004, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: New employer offered to transfer H1B

[QUOTE=spanna]Been offered a new job and the company said they will transfer my H1B - hooray! This means I won't have to deal with the EAD stress (I hope!)

Does anyone know how long the transfer process takes and how it works?
----- you need recent 2-3 paystubs from your current employer and new company lawyer files H1 transfer with USCIS and once you get the H1 filing reciept from USCIS you can join new employer, how much time it will take depends on the service center where lawyer is giong to file H1 transfer it may take 3-4 months to get H1 transfer approval notice
Also, my H1B and passport are in my maiden name (I got married in May).

Will that be a problem?
------Not a problem, keep the Maiden name as on Passport and the previous H1 approval notice.
Will I have to get up passport changed before I can transfer my H1B?
--- no need to get passport changed
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:00 am
spanna

Default Re: New employer offered to transfer H1B

Great - thanks for the info Manish!