Never Let it be Said

Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Day77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Never Let it be Said

Originally Posted by snowbunny
And if you want to remove an abscessed tooth, you can do it without a dentist and without a moan to anyone.
OH wait HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA soo FUNNY!

a person can pay someone to do everything for them like, paint their house, build a fence, fix their car OR they can attempt to do it on their own with research, practice and Patience.

Now i understand somethings are alot harder than others, like cutting ones own hair, pull a tooth ect...

but things can be done...
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Day77
Please understand that i have not said EVERYONE, i said some expats.
<raising hand> Yup... that'd be me!

... there are "some" that just plain should not be posting replies.
You're probably right. For me, I simply do not suffer fools. If someone from Blighty wants to cross the pond for whatever reason (many, ironically, to get away from the "immigrants"... and by so doing become one themselves), then he'd better make damn sure he's eligible to do so. If he's got some starry-eyed notion of the US as the great equalizer (I blame the UK media for this, and the US media to a lesser extent), then it's up to the good people here to slap him upside the head and show him the reality of the situation, rather than the fantasy thereof.

If this person then mentions anything about the following, I'm quite happy to go completely ballistic on him:

1) the special relationship between the UK and the US
2) illegal immigrants can get into the US easier than a UKC
3) a prior drug caution/conviction when they were young and foolish
4) a prior drink/driving caution/conviction when they were young and foolish
5) US immigration laws shouldn't apply to me, because I'm a UKC
6) minimizing an issue because they don't want to admit the truth

... well, you get the idea!

While I'm at it... once you've been here as long as some of us have, and have actually seen what happens to stupid people who don't heed the advice or warnings they get here... well, you'd become a bit jaded yourself. People - mostly those under 25, think that they're invincible because they're young and British. They have no idea that dealing with US immigration can make bamboo shoots under your fingernails seem like a pleasant manicure!

The British people are a helpful, honest and get the job done nation.
Word of caution... you're not in Kansas anymore! I've experienced both Canadian and US immigration first hand... and US immigration is brutal by comparison to Canada... even Draconian in some aspects.

I, for one, am brutally honest - many people don't appreciate that level of honesty... but my overriding intent (well, most of the time) is to help. True, I may not be the kindest person here (I bow to Noorah101 and Meauxna in that regard), but I certainly won't deliberately steer someone wrong.

While I'm on about it... many people ask yes/no questions, but then we get raked over the coals when the one word answer "Yes" or "No" is deemed insufficient. If they wanted an explanation, they could have asked "why" upfront, or asked subsequently. That people are so willing and happy to shoot the messenger is beyond me.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

OH wait HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA soo FUNNY!

a person can pay someone to do everything for them like, paint their house, build a fence, fix their car OR they can attempt to do it on their own with research, practice and Patience.

Now i understand somethings are alot harder than others, like cutting ones own hair, pull a tooth ect...

but things can be done...
Come back when you have your Visa to live in the US and give us a rundown of how you did it "without legal help"
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
Hopefully this keeps going until BG36 gets home from work and can join in. I think his particular style of posting is just what the OP needs.

Hopefully today is a no moderation day.
awww well, we'll see aye!!

and what do i need??? can't ya tell me or gonna leave it to BG36 to do??
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Let be fair here, when I first joined this forum and still up till now I have had met plenty of nice, helpful people, who have given me valuable advice on various subjects. Yes, there can be some very rude people here but still they are a minority.

I feel you happened to bump into one of the few rude ones, which is a shame. My advice to you is simple ignore the rude ones, plenty of people here are here to help, the longer you stay here the more you will realize that.

Ok the following is a mini rant, everything below is my opinion and mine alone. I am not saying this to cause problems with anyone or make an issue I am just simply stating the obvious in mind opinion.

Firstly I am British born and bred in Greenwich, London UK, I moved to Calgary Alberta Canada 3 years ago. I have been through the Immigration, Health Checks, Visa, Passport, Reference's, Education and Qualification paper work to move here and as soon as i got residency I was first out to help and advise people moving here and what was needed and what to expect...

Now some Expats that move to the US, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder. As my wife and I are looking at moving to the States soon, be it via Green card lottery (YES I AM ELIGIBLE, just for all those that will make some "witty" comment about eligibility, or on a H1B which we are looking more into in regards of qualification equivalency.

But over the last 4 months i have read with great detail, genuine questions from people all over England wanting to move to the US but the so called expats that sign up for this forum are not helpful as much ignorant..

When a question is posted about visa's or the person's skill, (directed to the Admins and other people that run this site or senor members) why act like butt munches???

Why do you act like you can't be bothered to answer the question fully or act like your above those that are now trying to move there!!

You got your green card/work visa or whatever at some point and you went through the works so have a little compassion for those going through it now.

Marry a USC
Get a BA
Find a Sponsor
Transfer through work
Work summer camp

These questions are Valid, and deserve more than "GOOD LUCK, SO MANY PEOPLE APPLY CHANCES ARE YOUR BE WAITING A LONG LONG TIME"

If some of the questions that come on here Wind you up or pee ya off, just leave it for someone else why try to be a Sarky Git!

So for a summery, just remember we all started somewhere, and I’m not claiming to be Mr. Help Everyone But if i have time I DO!! As much as possible.

So NEVER LET IT BE SAID that British people help each other...

Again my option
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

awww well, we'll see aye!!

and what do i need??? can't ya tell me or gonna leave it to BG36 to do??
Well if you had read the honest posts that you claim to have read you would know how he posts.

He would no doubt in his unique style manage to convey to you that you really are a total tosser without calling you one and breaking site rules. Unfortunately I don't have that level of command of the written word, and of course he might not agree with my opinion anyway.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Come back when you have your Visa to live in the US and give us a rundown of how you did it "without legal help"
OK will do..if i should happen to get a or need a lawyer, then i guess i am wrong.
Man enough to say it if it happens.

But With DV Lottery (No lawyer), NAFTA (No lawyer), divorce my wife and marry and american (wouldn't do, but No lawyer)

With research i have found, people that get lawyers for visas that can be obtained with out themm are just worried, nervious or impatient.

I had a friend hire a lawyer for the green card..WTF

needless to say she is now close to $2300 out of pocket and still in the same place waiting.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
Well if you had read the honest posts that you claim to have read you would know how he posts.

He would no doubt in his unique style manage to convey to you that you really are a total tosser without calling you one and breaking site rules. Unfortunately I don't have that level of command of the written word, and of course he might not agree with my opinion anyway.
you have your right to say what you want..

and tosser really...is that in someway you showing a bit of British, sorry but tosse is not the i would go with Wanker!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

With research i have found, people that get lawyers for visas that can be obtained with out themm are just worried, nervious or impatient.
I hired a Lawyer, now as I have already been told by you that as an Expat I have a chip on my shoulder (post 1,) would you be kind enough to tell me why I hired one, and which of the above category I fall into please as you seem to know me very well?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I had a friend hire a lawyer for the green card..WTF

needless to say she is now close to $2300 out of pocket and still in the same place waiting.
Now I am getting cross, you are not paying attention.

An individual can not just 'apply' for a green card. They need a 'basis'; a close family member, employer or a DV win.

Without knowing what your friend is doing, there's no way to know if she's wasted that money or not. The waits are long for MANY people (look at some of the posts of people sponsored by their siblings; the wait is about 10-12 years lawyer or no lawyer).

If you want to have a sensible discussion about it, start posting sensible information. Otherwise you risk falling into one of Ian's top list categories.
Not all green cards are obtained equally, you seem to keep ignoring that.

You can find out more about green card types at www.uscis.gov; click the big Green Card link and read up yourself.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
There are Scots in the US!!!!!
Not only in the US... but right here in this forum! It's a freakin' invasion!

Ian <-- name should be a dead giveaway!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:16 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

If i wanted warm and fuzzy i would be on the computer.
No, you wouldn't, because the computer is your gateway to a wild, unregulated world. Which you clearly don't like. It certainly isn't warm and fuzzy.

Okay, I concede that it may be warm, especially if it has been on for a while.

And again you are maybe right, it may be fuzzy if it was padded. Matching the room.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by traceym
I hired a Lawyer, now as I have already been told by you that as an Expat I have a chip on my shoulder (post 1,) would you be kind enough to tell me why I hired one, and which of the above category I fall into please as you seem to know me very well?
GEEZZZ read the start SOME, SOME have chips!!!
if you do some research like i did one place was http://www.breakthroughusa.co.uk/
you WILL see why people hire lawyers instead of doing it themselves and the 3 examples i gave above are all common examples.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Not only in the US... but right here in this forum! It's a freakin' invasion!

Ian <-- name should be a dead giveaway!
But luckily for Scots like myself we get helpful advice. It is only the English that seem to get told where to go!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
Furthermore, there is nothing at all wrong with being one of those (well, except impatient ).

Day77, not everyone wants to or is able to invest the amount of time necessary to learn how to DIY.
You, like me, seem to have a lot of time on your hands for it. Suggest you get studying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.