Wikiposts

Need Someone To Clear Things Up!

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Bigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Someone To Clear Things Up!

Hi how are you all doing.

Need some help clearing this up
Is there anyway I can move and live in the US, if I'm born and have lived in the UK(Scotland) for my whole life and all my family live in the UK aswell.
I know i cant enter the green card lottery and i dont want to marry any American just to get into the US.

I have started my own business and it going well, if it still is in 2-3 years i would like to move and live in the US

Does it help if you have alot of money, lets just say over $1,000,000.
Would it help if i also started a business in the US say letting out houses/property or bar of restaurant would that help at all

Sorry if you think the numbers are a little big but the way my business is going just now its going to be very possible to be making that kind of money in the next few years and i just want to get out the UK because its not the best place to live money and weather wise

So is there any a British person can live in the US if they dont have family/blood over there

Cheers for your help
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Someone To Clear Things Up!

Have a look at this article which lists all of the ways you can get a visa for US. If you think you're eligible for any of them then feel free to come back and ask questions about that specific visa/route.

Good luck.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Bigen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have a look at this article which lists all of the ways you can get a visa for US. If you think you're eligible for any of them then feel free to come back and ask questions about that specific visa/route.

Good luck.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA
thanks for the quick reply i quoted this from the link you gave me
"You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you, or half that in certain areas. Your background will be investigated to the hilt. Immigrant visa. Search for: EB5."
do you think that would be the right one to aim for
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigen
thanks for the quick reply i quoted this from the link you gave me
"You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you, or half that in certain areas. Your background will be investigated to the hilt. Immigrant visa. Search for: EB5."
do you think that would be the right one to aim for
That is a good one; the EB-5 goes straight to Green Card, so you arrive to the US as a Permanent Resident. Do some researching and let us know what you think!