Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Need some advice - N400 Fingerprinting

Need some advice - N400 Fingerprinting

Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

canuckshark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some advice - N400 Fingerprinting

I need some advice as to how to handle the following situation:

Recently received my NOA for N400 (12/6). I am expecting the figner print notice to come any day (was hoping for one early this week but no luck). The problem is I am heading to Bangladesh next week for 18 days. Won't be back till Jan 15.

I am fairly certain the fingerprint appointment will fall sometime during this period. Is there anything I can do proactively to schedule the appointment post 1/15?

Thank you in advance.
Canuck
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice
Default Re: Need some advice - N400 Fingerprinting

Originally Posted by canuckshark

Recently received my NOA for N400 (12/6). I am expecting the figner print notice to come any day (was hoping for one early this week but no luck). The problem is I am heading to Bangladesh next week for 18 days. Won't be back till Jan 15.

I am fairly certain the fingerprint appointment will fall sometime during this period. Is there anything I can do proactively to schedule the appointment post 1/15?

Thank you in advance.
Canuck
You have two options:
  1. some ASCs will allow you to do fingerprinting as a walk-in (not on your appointment date) as long as you have your notice
  2. write to CIS and request a new fingerprinting appointment date.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 4:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canuckshark

Thank you in advance.
Canuck
If you have not received your appointment notice by the time you leave, just go. If the notice is in your mail box when you return and the date is passed, walk in to the fingerprinting office with the letter and your passport showing your trip and ask if you can have it redone at that time. If not, then you call and reschedule through the 1-800 number
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

canuckshark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
If you have not received your appointment notice by the time you leave, just go. If the notice is in your mail box when you return and the date is passed, walk in to the fingerprinting office with the letter and your passport showing your trip and ask if you can have it redone at that time. If not, then you call and reschedule through the 1-800 number
Thank you. I was afraid missing the fingerprint appointment would nullify by N400 application. Sounds like that does not happen.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know - I may find myself in a similar situation early next year, depending on work commitments.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

DH's appointment letter stated that if he could not come on the date listed, he could come on any Wednesday at the same time (8 AM) up to a specific date. He received the letter in September but was not able to get time off for the
appt till early November, about 14 days before the deadline. It wasn't a problem.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psychobabbler1
DH's appointment letter stated that if he could not come on the date listed, he could come on any Wednesday at the same time (8 AM) up to a specific date. He received the letter in September but was not able to get time off for the
appt till early November, about 14 days before the deadline. It wasn't a problem.
Thanks, good to know