Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Need Help! So confused on how to proceed with getting visa to move to us

Wikiposts

Need Help! So confused on how to proceed with getting visa to move to us

Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

AnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need Help! So confused on how to proceed with getting visa to move to us

Hi there,
I am really sorry if this has been answered already but I just need someone to explain what I need to do in plain english. Everything I read is so confusing and I am not sure what forms I need to fill out and what I don't etc so please I would appreciate any help on this, its so frustrating.

So my american husband is now living with me in england. he has a visa and is working over here and we got married over here (which was over 2 years ago) as well but we now want to move to the US but I am having trouble working out what forms I need to fill out and really the whole process.

It looks like we need to fill out an i-130 and then after that I am not sure. If someone could just go through the process for me I would be eternally grateful. Also I read somewhere about having to fill out some financial affidavit but he had to be living in America to do that?? I am a bit worried that we have put ourselves in a difficult situation with him moving over here.

Please let me know if you need more info and I will provide

Thank you!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:27 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help! So confused on how to proceed with getting visa to move to us

Look at the British Expats Wiki - 4th line from the left in the blue bar near the top of the screen. Find the article 'DCF I-130 Filed In London'.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jul 17th 2012 at 8:29 am.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

AnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help! So confused on how to proceed with getting visa to move to us

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Look at the British Expats Wiki - 4th line from the left in the blue bar near the top of the screen. Find the article 'DCF I-130 Filed In London'.

Regards, JEff
Thank you! That is perfect
Old Jul 17th 2012, 8:56 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Read the link Jeff gave you. Get the I-130 done and submitted, that takes about 10-12 weeks to be processed and approved.

Once you have submitted that, then look to see what you need for the actual visa application. It all seems daunting, but taken slowly one step at a time with help from members of BE, is isn't that bad at all. There is plenty of time while the I-130 is being processed to get organized for the visa application.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 10:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieBelle
Hi there,
I am really sorry if this has been answered already but I just need someone to explain what I need to do in plain english. Everything I read is so confusing and I am not sure what forms I need to fill out and what I don't etc so please I would appreciate any help on this, its so frustrating.

So my american husband is now living with me in england. he has a visa and is working over here and we got married over here (which was over 2 years ago) as well but we now want to move to the US but I am having trouble working out what forms I need to fill out and really the whole process.

It looks like we need to fill out an i-130 and then after that I am not sure. If someone could just go through the process for me I would be eternally grateful. Also I read somewhere about having to fill out some financial affidavit but he had to be living in America to do that?? I am a bit worried that we have put ourselves in a difficult situation with him moving over here.

Please let me know if you need more info and I will provide

Thank you!
The BE Wiki Guide will be helpful.

Also go to www.uscis.gov, Forms, and find the I-130, I-864, and I-864P. Read the forms and the instructions. The I-130 can be filed now, and then get working on the I-864, which is needed at the time of his interview. If you don't qualify financially, you'll need to look for a joint sponsor (it's all in the I-864 instructions).

Rene
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much guys, I feel a million times better about everything already
Now to start the paperwork!