Need Help on F1 Visa

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Kenneth927 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Need Help on F1 Visa

My old Passport expired and i just got a new passport, do i need to apply for a new F1 visa on my new passport? or just use the old visa, so i bring the old and new passport to travel?

if can use the old visa, there is another concern that i just tranfter to UCLA form a community college, the old F1 visa (from my community college I-20) still good until 2006, so is it still good to use the old visa with my new passport? or i need to get a new F1 visa (from UCLA I-20) in my new passport?

Please helpppppp!!!!!!!!! those visa thing make me headcahe... THank you.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:30 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help on F1 Visa

Originally Posted by Kenneth927
My old Passport expired and i just got a new passport, do i need to apply for a new F1 visa on my new passport? or just use the old visa, so i bring the old and new passport to travel?

if can use the old visa, there is another concern that i just tranfter to UCLA form a community college, the old F1 visa (from my community college I-20) still good until 2006, so is it still good to use the old visa with my new passport? or i need to get a new F1 visa (from UCLA I-20) in my new passport?

Please helpppppp!!!!!!!!! those visa thing make me headcahe... THank you.
You can use the old passport and visa along with the valid passport. You need a current I-20, but the school name on the original visa doesn't matter. You can continue to use the existing visa as long as it is valid.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:54 am
Joe Feise

Default Re: Need Help on F1 Visa

Kenneth927 wrote on 12/22/2004 11:37:
    > My old Passport expired and i just got a new passport, do i need to
    > apply for a new F1 visa on my new passport? or just use the old visa, so
    > i bring the old and new passport to travel?

You just carry both passports, and show the visa in the old passport.

-Joe