Need help / advice please

Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

TAJ4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need help / advice please

Hi,

A few months ago I was denied a visa to go the USA because of no savings and no job, that currently remains the same however was told about the Avadavit form by a person on here afterwards which is a great help.

However I need to know is there a way of knowing if the denial for the above mentioned reasons are on my passport? I had to get a Visa because of a caution I got when I was 18 which since have no record on file at all now.

What further confuses me here is that for the ESTA it talks about any convictions or arrests but I got neither it was a caution a slap on the wrist.

So basically am wondering if the US Embassy has anything on my passport saying denied because of no savings and a job also if I could just go through the ESTA instead because I have never had an arrest or conviction.

Any help would be appreciated as I dont fancy calling the Embassy first to enquire.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help / advice please

Originally Posted by TAJ4Life
Hi,

A few months ago I was denied a visa to go the USA because of no savings and no job, that currently remains the same however was told about the Avadavit form by a person on here afterwards which is a great help.

However I need to know is there a way of knowing if the denial for the above mentioned reasons are on my passport? I had to get a Visa because of a caution I got when I was 18 which since have no record on file at all now.

What further confuses me here is that for the ESTA it talks about any convictions or arrests but I got neither it was a caution a slap on the wrist.

So basically am wondering if the US Embassy has anything on my passport saying denied because of no savings and a job also if I could just go through the ESTA instead because I have never had an arrest or conviction.

Any help would be appreciated as I dont fancy calling the Embassy first to enquire.
Apart from anything else one of the questions asked by ESTA is 'Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa or entry into the U.S. or had a U.S. visa canceled? '. That alone would preclude you from using ESTA.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Emm yeah just saw that, thanks I guess I may as well just go through the whole process again.

I have seen that it has since changed and appears to be much more easier as it is now electronically done online.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Emm yeah just saw that, thanks I guess I may as well just go through the whole process again.

I have seen that it has since changed and appears to be much more easier as it is now electronically done online.

Thanks again.
You will not be able to use ESTA...I think your only hope is to make an appointment at the US Embassy in London and apply for a visa.

I'll try to get this thread moved to our US Immigration forum....there are people there who will be able to help you better than I.

I've just been reading back through your past posts. Is your situation different now to what it was a few months ago when you were denied a visa?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 6th 2010 at 6:58 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Well unfortunatly no still no savings or a job, however my girlfriend in the US has savings and a job and also is looking to fill in the avadavit form which i never had last time so am hoping that form will make a difference as she will be saying she is responsible for me whilst i am out there.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well unfortunatly no still no savings or a job, however my girlfriend in the US has savings and a job and also is looking to fill in the avadavit form which i never had last time so am hoping that form will make a difference as she will be saying she is responsible for me whilst i am out there.
Things not in your favor: no savings, no job, USC girlfriend.

Things in your favor: nothing that I can see offhand.

The affidavit most likely will not overcome the fact that you have nothing to come back home for. Do you own your own home? Are you in school?

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Things not in your favor: no savings, no job, USC girlfriend.

Things in your favor: nothing that I can see offhand.

The affidavit most likely will not overcome the fact that you have nothing to come back home for. Do you own your own home? Are you in school?

Rene
"I am financially dependent on my USC girlfriend and would like a tourist visa to the US"

I can just see how this is likely to play...
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

No, it is not going to make a difference. It works in the complete opposite of helping you. The purpose of the visa interview (and/or border screening) is to make sure that you are a genuine visitor. You demonstrate that by having a reason to leave the US.
You have more reasons to stay in the US than reasons to leave. It's that simple. Showing that she is going to pay your way only underscores this.

Look, it's a problem that hundreds of thousands of people around the world have. There are countries where it is literally impossible for a person to get a visa to visit the US. Just count yourself among them and make another plan.

I just reviewed your last 2 threads. You two NEED to meet in person. You probably can not do this in the US.
My conclusion is: you should make other plans.

Sometimes, it's just the way things are. There are a lot of nice countries nearby, cheap, fun to visit, that both of you can get to without a visa.
Start searching.

And read posts here about VWP/ESTA/B-2.. you are not alone in your problem. You may be simply ineligible to visit the US.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:52 pm
Banned

DanielMDQ is an unknown quantity at this point

why don't u just try ESTA and see what happens? (always saying YES to the denial visa question)
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

To get a Caution three things happen,
1. You commit a crime.
2. You are arrested.
3. In order to receive a caution you admit to the offence for which you were arrested.

If you were 18 then you were treated as an adult, although your Police check may say No Live Trace you must tell the truth, the records will be on file.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

ROFL! I have a feeling that this joke in this sentence was not intentional -- but it is funny all the same.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the above responses, no not in school got redundant a few months ago am still looking for work.

Again thank you for the advice.