Naturalized!

Old Jan 5th 2023, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Naturalized!

We arrived in June 2012 on L1 (and L2). Green card application fell into a hole somewhere so didn't receive green cards till May 2017. Applied for Citizenship Aug 22. My hubby had his interview and oath ceremony Oct 22. (so the younger boys got theirs then too). My interview and oath ceremony were today. Two hours from entering the building to leaving with my flag and certificate. Just the 18 yo waiting to hear about his interview now. This final step has definitely been the quickest and easiest to navigate. Thanks to all who post their experiences and help on the board. Knowing the process ahead of time paves the way for a smoother ride.
Old Jan 5th 2023, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalized!

Congratulations!

I will hopefully be following in your footsteps in a few weeks, my interview is at the end of the month.
Old Jan 11th 2023, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

PeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum 2 3
We arrived in June 2012 on L1 (and L2). Green card application fell into a hole somewhere so didn't receive green cards till May 2017. Applied for Citizenship Aug 22. My hubby had his interview and oath ceremony Oct 22. (so the younger boys got theirs then too). My interview and oath ceremony were today. Two hours from entering the building to leaving with my flag and certificate. Just the 18 yo waiting to hear about his interview now. This final step has definitely been the quickest and easiest to navigate. Thanks to all who post their experiences and help on the board. Knowing the process ahead of time paves the way for a smoother ride.
Congrats!! It's a relief that the journey is over. I naturalized last year and with the way Britain is going I am glad to have long term choices. My process was pretty easy as I had no kids at the time and wasn't married and I was a LPR because of an L1A. The immigration officials seemed like they wanted me to pass.
Old Jan 11th 2023, 3:40 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Get your USA passport /s and update your status with social security. After that it is plain sailing.
Old Jan 11th 2023, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Its been a long time since I last posted but just thought I would chip in on this topic, I applied for naturalization on 10 November 2022 and last week received a notice that I had an interview on 7 February (less than 3 months). Maybe its because I am now over 70 that they are rushing me through, My only concern is that I have been here in the US since late 2006 first on an L1 for 7 years followed by my marital Green Card for almost 10 years am I expected to have copies of ALL my traffic tickets? I don't have any of them as they were so long ago, I paid them and didn't keep the receipts Any how I'll let you know if they give me my flag or not
Old Jan 11th 2023, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Get your USA passport /s and update your status with social security. After that it is plain sailing.
Thanks, I applied for my passport the next day, and as soon as I get my naturalization certificate back will update SS. I also registered to vote :-). Placing bets on how long till I get called for jury duty. I had been called twice before I was a citizen so seems they are keen to get me to do it!
Old Jan 11th 2023, 10:11 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I applied for my passport the next day, and as soon as I get my naturalization certificate back will update SS. I also registered to vote :-). Placing bets on how long till I get called for jury duty. I had been called twice before I was a citizen so seems they are keen to get me to do it!
I waited on voter registration until a few weeks before an election in which my vote would actually count… for that reason…

If you have not done so already as a PR you can take your passport to DMV and get “Real ID” DO in some states.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 5:38 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful with the SS update. Be sure the clown in the office knows what they are doing.
Went through this recently myself, they issued me a new SS number as opposed to updating my details as requested. So now I have 2 SS numbers.

I asked them to correct their error, but they stated they could not cancel the 2nd SS number once issued.
I have to continue to use my original, but keep my 2nd safe.

You just know that some years down the road this is going to cause me issues.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 7:50 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea
Be careful with the SS update. Be sure the clown in the office knows what they are doing.
Went through this recently myself, they issued me a new SS number as opposed to updating my details as requested. So now I have 2 SS numbers.

I asked them to correct their error, but they stated they could not cancel the 2nd SS number once issued.

or if you can build 40 credits in both….
Old Jan 15th 2023, 2:51 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea

That sounds like a serious problem that you should follow up on!
Old Feb 14th 2023, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get asked about any traffic tickets
Old Feb 15th 2023, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vimto
I didn't get asked about any traffic tickets
did you have many to declare?
Old Feb 17th 2023, 2:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived in June 2012 on L1 (and L2). Green card application fell into a hole somewhere so didn't receive green cards till May 2017. Applied for Citizenship Aug 22. My hubby had his interview and oath ceremony Oct 22. (so the younger boys got theirs then too). My interview and oath ceremony were today. Two hours from entering the building to leaving with my flag and certificate. ....

Congratulations!
​​​​​​
This final step has definitely been the quickest and easiest to navigate. ...
We always tell people that that is consistently the case, but, after the misery of the visa and/or greed card process(es), I think most people are justifiably sceptical.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Expatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

​​​​​ greed card
Is that the Gordon Gecko variation of a green card?

Old Feb 17th 2023, 11:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrian
Is that the Gordon Gecko variation of a green card?
Merica!

Or a typo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.