Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Naturalization time after application....

Naturalization time after application....

Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization time after application....

Originally Posted by robousy
You can file 90 days before the deadline.

http://www.immigration.com/faq/uscitizen.html#182

Answer 6.

But thanks for the tip!
I know you can file up to 90 days before the 3rd year as a PR. My point was at the time you file, you also must be married a full 3 years.

For example, if your marriage is only 2.5 years old by the time you hit the "90 days before 3rd anniversary as a PR" mark, then you still have to wait until your marriage is 3 years old.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

robousy is just really nicerobousy is just really nicerobousy is just really nicerobousy is just really nicerobousy is just really nicerobousy is just really nicerobousy is just really nicerobousy is just really nice
Default Re: Naturalization time after application....

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I know you can file up to 90 days before the 3rd year as a PR. My point was at the time you file, you also must be married a full 3 years.

For example, if your marriage is only 2.5 years old by the time you hit the "90 days before 3rd anniversary as a PR" mark, then you still have to wait until your marriage is 3 years old.

Rene
....ah. With you. Thanks!!

We will have been married 3 yrs and 1 month....but thats very useful and I did not appreciate that.

I bet thats messed a few people up in the past.