naturalization and name change

Old Sep 27th 2020, 4:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: naturalization and name change

Originally Posted by retzie
I think you might be missing the fact that some of us are happy to be a part of the justice process ....
Me too. I have been registered to vote since 2007, but only called to jury duty once, but it was cancelled without me ever attending the courthouse.

Since we moved to NC in 2003 Mrs P has been called three times, plus a call-back after she was given a three month deferral. She has never participated in a case in NC. She was also called once in Virginia, and participated in three cases.
​​​
Old Sep 27th 2020, 8:27 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retzie
I think you might be missing the fact that some of us are happy to be a part of the justice process

The timelines involved are also not necessarily obvious or advertised. For the upcoming presidential election, yes, there has been a reasonable amount of information. But for our local elections last November and the primaries earlier this year, the deadlines were WAY before I would have ever thought to look for them. I was lucky to catch up with a friend with a big interest in politics a few days before the primary deadline, so I could drop it off in person (I hadn't known you needed to be registered to a party to vote in the primaries in NY).
I have taken part, giving evidence in both a grand jury and giving evidence at trial in Kings county.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 11:42 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm a registered voter since age 18 who has never signed up to a particular party. So I don't vote in primaries.
As an aside, the franchise was not extended to 18 year olds until 2 weeks before my 21st birthday.