Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Naturalization Interview Scheduled!

Naturalization Interview Scheduled!

Old May 17th 2006, 11:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Naturalization Interview Scheduled!

Yay! What else is there to say?

In his usual understated way, the DAH is excited. Me too!!!!

Wouldn't you know, it's scheduled for one week before a booked international trip. What's the drill again (don't I get a break from looking stuff up?!)? Travel with photo ID and his natz certificate? (we're planning for same day/next day oath per local policy) Might have to look up the details of a trip up to the passport office in Seattle, if they still do that.

Nearly done and dusted & something exciting to look forward to this summer!

Portland Oregon office
4 months application-->interview/oath
Old May 17th 2006, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization Interview Scheduled!

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations! WooHoo!

Ian
Old May 17th 2006, 11:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yaaaaay! Congratulations! Won't he need a US Passport as well?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 17th 2006, 11:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the interview appointment. I know he is hitting the books as we type.

As for the trip, don't know if just his passport from the UK and his US naturalization certificate is enough. I thought he needed a US Passport.

Wouldn't you know, it's scheduled for one week before a booked international trip. What's the drill again (don't I get a break from looking stuff up?!)? Travel with photo ID and his natz certificate? (we're planning for same day/next day oath per local policy) Might have to look up the details of a trip up to the passport office in Seattle, if they still do that.

Portland Oregon office
Old May 17th 2006, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Taterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud of

Portland Oregon office

Congratulations M! And a very speedy appointment too. I have a question though. You did not mention dates. How much time did they give you in advance to study for the interview? All the best to ya.....study up good.
Old May 18th 2006, 12:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations on the interview appointment. I know he is hitting the books as we type.

As for the trip, don't know if just his passport from the UK and his US naturalization certificate is enough. I thought he needed a US Passport.
Thanky kids.
He's *so* all over those questions--I'm proud of him.

re: the Seattle mention is for same-day passport services. I don't think a regular expedited pp request would make it in time. My gf just did this; I'll get some hints from her.

On travel with the certificate, I could've mentioned that we're slipping over the border for a little diving. CPB has this to say about that:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...entary_req.xml
Documentary Requirements for Entry To The United States

Travel from within the Western Hemisphere (North, Central or South America)
U.S. citizens:
Are exempt from passport requirements. However, it is highly recommended that a U.S. Citizen be prepared to present documentation such as valid or expired U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, or Naturalization certificate to avoid delays.

It does sound an awful lot like tempting fate tho. Well, I've got 8 weeks to work it out.

edit for tater: well, 8 weeks, as you see. But he started studying when he applied. He's a little, er, thorough that way. lol
Puts our AR Club here to shame. Really.
Old May 18th 2006, 1:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, we can make him an honorary member! LOL

Rene
Old May 18th 2006, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no he doesn't. I gots him beat. While I still have to wait 23 months and 6 days to apply, I'm already studying. Makes sense too really, since I started out on alt.visa.us.marriage-based (later followed by BE) a good 4 and a half years before I actually immigrated. LOL

I already have quite a nice folder with paperwork for the I-751 filing, as well. I mean, it's only 11 months and 6 days away, you know.

Elaine
Old May 18th 2006, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
I already have quite a nice folder with paperwork for the I-751 filing, as well. I mean, it's only 11 months and 6 days away, you know.

Elaine
Hi Elaine!

Ha Ha Ha...!! I do too! And ours is about 12 months away. Gotta love it!

Rene
Old May 18th 2006, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

meauxna, thats such a nice news
congratulations!
Old May 18th 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Portland Oregon office
Good stuff. If we get enough of us in the country, we can stage a legal takeover through the power of voting. We only need another 7 people, we can swing the vote. Power 2 the people.
Reg. Frank R.
Old May 18th 2006, 1:00 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and congratulations to your hubby. You both must be very happy to be almost done with anything immigration!! I know I will be. Like Huntergreen I am counting the days when I can apply for my citizenship!! I haven't figured it out yet though!

Maggie

Portland Oregon office
Old May 18th 2006, 1:10 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Portland Oregon office
Congrats and all that! And have a fun trip

(NB: I thought one only becomes a USC at the swearing-in ceremony, or am I wrong? Wouldn't be the first time...)
Old May 18th 2006, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Oh no he doesn't. I gots him beat. While I still have to wait 23 months and 6 days to apply, I'm already studying. Makes sense too really, since I started out on alt.visa.us.marriage-based (later followed by BE) a good 4 and a half years before I actually immigrated. LOL

Elaine
LOL, I should've guessed
Actually, I thought you're already a USC--figured you found some super-efficient instantaneous method.

Elvira: We have a shot at a same day oath ceremony here, where he can be sworn in in the afternoon (if a morning appt). If not that day, likely the next. So you are still right.

Maggs: see if you can find what you need here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?showtopic=311

Thanks all, for your good wishes--it's just fun to have a bit of news to report. Save your big congrats for a couple of months from now! And now he can really participate in the election year fun here 'cause he will *have* to vote or else!
Old May 18th 2006, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

This is such good news!

You've been waiting a long, long time. )

He'll be fine. I'm jealous that he might do the Oath on the same day!!

Be well.

Jen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.