Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Naturalization Interview - Indianapolis

Naturalization Interview - Indianapolis

Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

nelson2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Naturalization Interview - Indianapolis

Hi,

My girlfriend has just this morning had her Naturalisation interview in Tampa. She was told that a letter will be in post within two weeks giving her the date and time for the Ceremony of Oath.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:25 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Thanks!
So about a three month lag or so (if you'd kept the Indy appt).
That helps me put it in persepective and know what to expect. I knew we were going to have a wait somewhere along the line in this process.
How was your naturalization interview easy peasy like people say?
Good luck with your oath ceremony.
The interview was pretty matter-of-fact.
One part going over the ppwk/timeline and one part English/civics test.
The particular agent I had was firing questions at me pretty quickly on dates (birthdates of kids/anniversaries). Got the 1st 6 questions correct from the potential 10, so just make sure the 100 questions they give you in the packet are covered.

You'll be fine.

Oath ceremony in Fort Wayne on Friday went great! Form said to be there at 10am. Got there at 9:45am and hung around for half an hour. Then into the courtroom for another 45 mins until everyone was there. 48 people from 20 countries. I was the only one from the UK. About 10 from Mexico (the speaker from ICE called out all the countries individually and folk stood up). That got a giggle from the audience. Place was packed. Apparently in FW they have ceremonies about 6 times a year.
Glad to be done
Old Oct 24th 2017, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Sleepy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was all kinds of worried before my interview and it was so easy it was ridiculous!!

The agent was so nice, did not even ask me any questions about my application except was I still self-employed.

Study the book they gave you for the test and you'll be fine. I had my daughter ask me the questions beforehand.

Had my interview in Denver and had the ceremony that afternoon so was lucky they were doing it that day.

Good luck, you'll do fine.