Naturalization interview!

Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all
Default Re: Naturalization interview!

The USCIS office is closed yesterday and today because of the storm so I didn't get to go to my ceremony. I'll try to call tomorrow morning, maybe I'll get lucky and get a new ceremony date quicker than waiting for a letter. Hope I don't have to wait for months now, so annoying.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dougster75 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by slummymummy
The USCIS office is closed yesterday and today because of the storm so I didn't get to go to my ceremony. I'll try to call tomorrow morning, maybe I'll get lucky and get a new ceremony date quicker than waiting for a letter. Hope I don't have to wait for months now, so annoying.
Oh no.... what a pain... ours is scheduled for September 20th but the ceremony venue is currently in use by the Red Cross for Houston flood relief. So we may be rescheduled also. Who knows...
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The USCIS office is closed yesterday and today because of the storm so I didn't get to go to my ceremony.
My naturalization ceremony was cancelled (well, descheduled is the term they used) when former President Reagan died. Then President Bush (43) declared a day of national mourning on the day my ceremony should have been held - so all the government offices were closed. Mine was rescheduled for exactly two weeks later. I think you'll find that they will try to get to it as soon as they can.

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
My naturalization ceremony was cancelled (well, descheduled is the term they used) when former President Reagan died. Then President Bush (43) declared a day of national mourning on the day my ceremony should have been held - so all the government offices were closed. Mine was rescheduled for exactly two weeks later. I think you'll find that they will try to get to it as soon as they can.

Ian
Good to know, thanks!
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta has them frequently, so I doubt if the wait will be very long.

Their website says: The Atlanta Field Office has Judicial Ceremonies at least once per month and Administrative Ceremonies approximately 3-4 times per week. The Atlanta Field Office does have same-day naturalization ceremonies.

I had mine there. It was fun. Enjoy!
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

nelson2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Naturalization timeline

Hi all,

Just wanted to put it out there re N400 application process timeline.

My girlfriend filed on 27th March 2017, got an interview schedule date for the 13th October 2017. Field office Tampa.

Hope this helps !
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Atlanta has them frequently, so I doubt if the wait will be very long.

Their website says: The Atlanta Field Office has Judicial Ceremonies at least once per month and Administrative Ceremonies approximately 3-4 times per week. The Atlanta Field Office does have same-day naturalization ceremonies.

I had mine there. It was fun. Enjoy!
Cool!

I wouldn't be concerned if it wasn't for the fact that my Aussie neighbor had his interview in May, declined the ceremony date they gave him because he had to travel with work, and is still waiting for a new date.

But I didn't decline a date, it's not my fault that it was a storm, so hopefully it will be soon like in Ian's case.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I got a letter yesterday, have a new date for my ceremony on Wednesday!
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

I got a letter yesterday, have a new date for my ceremony on Wednesday!
Good news
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like my reply is too late but for anyone else reading this I would advise you to bring EVERYTHING - your marriage cert and documentation relating to traffic tickets. As a wise man once told me years ago, "When dealing with bureaucracy, use a nuclear bomb to kill a fly". You just never know what they will ask for so better to have it with you than not.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I had my ceremony in Atlanta this morning at 8 am. Family & friends were directed to a different area. We were seated in the waiting area. Officers asked everyone if since our interview we are now a terrorist, prostitute, habitual drunkard, etc, even though we had ticked boxes to say no and signed.

We were then taken into the room and checked in, by rows. Our notices and greencards were taken. On our chairs were envelopes with various info leaflets, passport application, pocket size constitution and a flag! Around 9 am family were allowed into the back of the room and the ceremony started.

The officer talking was nice and friendly. We heard some info about being a citizen, applying for a passport and registering to vote. We saw a video called faces of America, it was nice.

There were 118 people there from 51 countries apparently. Every country was called and those people stood up, everyone was clapping, until everyone was standing.

We sang the national anthem. Then we raised our right hands and took the oath. He said you are now American citizens.

A video of Donald Trump welcoming us as citizens followed.

We said the Allegiance. Then it was over. We came up in rows to get our certificates and shake the officer's hand. The certificates were in the right order, it was impressive!

My husband took a picture of me with the flag and my certificate. He also did a video of when they were calling my country. Photo and video was allowed, even encouraged.

After, some voting volunteers tried to make everyone stay to register to vote. I didn't want to wait so I took the form to complete at home.

It feels good to be done with the immigration journey! Thanks everyone who helped me in the early confusing days.

Last edited by slummymummy; Sep 27th 2017 at 7:43 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

It feels good to be done with the immigration journey! Thanks everyone who helped me in the early confusing days.

Amen to that! Congrats!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I had my ceremony in Atlanta this morning at 8 am. Family & friends were directed to a different area. We were seated in the waiting area. Officers asked everyone if since our interview we are now a terrorist, prostitute, habitual drunkard, etc, even though we had ticked boxes to say no and signed.

We were then taken into the room and checked in, by rows. Our notices and greencards were taken. On our chairs were envelopes with various info leaflets, passport application, pocket size constitution and a flag! Around 9 am family were allowed into the back of the room and the ceremony started.

The officer talking was nice and friendly. We heard some info about being a citizen, applying for a passport and registering to vote. We saw a video called faces of America, it was nice.

There were 118 people there from 51 countries apparently. Every country was called and those people stood up, everyone was clapping, until everyone was standing.

We sang the national anthem. Then we raised our right hands and took the oath. He said you are now American citizens.

We said the Allegiance. Then it was over. We came up in rows to get our certificates and shake the officer's hand. The certificates were in the right order, it was impressive!

My husband took a picture of me with the flag and my certificate. He also did a video of when they were calling my country. Photo and video was allowed, even encouraged.

After, some voting volunteers tried to make everyone stay to register to vote. I didn't want to wait so I took the form to complete at home.

Congratulations
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely write up!

Congratulations on your new status and knowing that dealing with the USCIS is over
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:13 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Are you also planning on going to your local Social Security office to get a new card? One that doesn't say "Valid For Work Only With INS Authorization" on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.