Naturalization Interview

Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:13 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of
Default Naturalization Interview

Just found out that my application has been approved and I should have an interview sometime in March.
Not sure of what that involves, anybody here had theirs that can tell me what to expect?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization Interview

It hasn't been approved or you would have had the interview. My interview contained questions to confirm nothing changed on your application and verifying certain info, the reading test, the written test and the civics test (6/10 to pass). He did ask for proof of a shared life (application based on marriage) which I showed a current mortgage statement and the last 3 years tax returns. Mine took 20 minutes. Here were my questions.

1. What is an amendment
2. Who vetoes bills
3. What is the supreme law of the land
4. What is the capital of your state
5. Who did the US fight in World War 2
6. What was the civil war fought about

Reading...Where is the White House?
Writing...The White House is in Washington DC

Last edited by Duncan Roberts; Feb 11th 2009 at 2:01 am.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:09 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

Thanks for the information Duncan.
I should re-word my question to: My file was "Cleared" and I will be notified of my interview date.
I was told that the questions are now taken on a computer and you have about 60 questions to answer and you must score a certain percentage?
Has that started yet?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
2. Who vetoes bills
You sure this wasn't one of the marriage questions?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikehope
I was told that the questions are now taken on a computer and you have about 60 questions to answer and you must score a certain percentage?
Has that started yet?
Umm, no and it won't. The new test is in effect but its oral and you answer up to 10 questions from a bank of 100 of which you need to get 6 right. Where did you get the 60 questions on a computer idea from? You should have got the book that describes the test and contains all the questions when you went for fingerprinting. http://www.uscis.gov/newtest
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:31 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

Yes I got the book but the guy there told me it would be taken on a computer and the book was a study guide.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I got the book but the guy there told me it would be taken on a computer and the book was a study guide.
My understanding is that the 10 questions are randomly selected by a computer, and given orally. You have to get 6 of those 10 questions correct in order to pass the test.

Rene
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My understanding is that the 10 questions are randomly selected by a computer, and given orally. You have to get 6 of those 10 questions correct in order to pass the test.

Rene
Depends on the District Office, I guess. My personal situation was as above.
I had the 10 questions (from the 96 - not 100 - in the 'old' testbook obviously generated by computer but written down. I was then asked the questions by the examiner who then ticked the 'yes' box for correct reply. When I'd got to 6 (all correct) then this part of the test was terminated as a 'Pass' and I was then asked to write a simple sentence in English. This is probably one of the easiest tests in examination history to get through!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Thanks for the information Duncan.
I should re-word my question to: My file was "Cleared" and I will be notified of my interview date.
Has that started yet?
How did you find out your file was "cleared". Did you call FBI? Who told you this?