Naturalization Interview

Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Naturalization Interview

Question for those that have done it - Mahir got his Naturalization Interview Notice Saturday! Do I go with him to his interview or does he do this on his own? Just wondering because he filed for Naturalization obviously based on marriage so I thought I might need to be there - also secretly hoping I could be there (esp. with our "evidence" showing from my belly - our first little one arriving in October!). The interview's in the same building as I work so I guess I could be pacing outside the room!!!! THANKS!

Allison
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naturalization Interview

Originally Posted by MMA2002
Do I go with him to his interview or does he do this on his own?
Alas, this is his interview... while you may be allowed in the building (and certainly will if you work there) you will likely not be allowed into the interview area. Have him bring pics of you and the little-one-to-be!

Ian
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMA2002
Question for those that have done it - Mahir got his Naturalization Interview Notice Saturday! Do I go with him to his interview or does he do this on his own? Just wondering because he filed for Naturalization obviously based on marriage so I thought I might need to be there - also secretly hoping I could be there (esp. with our "evidence" showing from my belly - our first little one arriving in October!). The interview's in the same building as I work so I guess I could be pacing outside the room!!!! THANKS!

Allison

You don't have to go with him but you can, if you choose to. I went with Jim and his AO came out to the waiting area to say hello and chat for a bit.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. This is definitely the year of the "birth". Are you showing already? Guess you might be. My daughter is due the end of September and she is just starting to bud.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rete
You don't have to go with him but you can, if you choose to. I went with Jim and his AO came out to the waiting area to say hello and chat for a bit.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. This is definitely the year of the "birth". Are you showing already? Guess you might be. My daughter is due the end of September and she is just starting to bud.
THANKS! I'll definitely be in the waiting room but HOPING that they'll bring me in too :-) Either way I'm just happy that it's finally coming to this! Yes, I'm JUST starting to show - I'm heavy to begin with but my belly that I used to be able to suck in is not allowing me to suck it in anymore and I'm really not trying to now that I'm out and announcing I'm pregnant! Congratulations to you and your daughter Rete!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

MMA! Congrats on the bebeh!!! She will *really* be an Am-urk-in. <g>

My own experience, and every one that I've read, shows that the USC spouse may not sit in the interview itself, but their presence at the appointment is a show of good faith.