Naturalization interview

Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:33 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Naturalization interview

I filed N400 in October, had my biometrics in November, so I am expecting to be interviewed in April - May. Does it sound right? About this time of the year I will be traveling a lot outside of US. I will have to take a couple 2 week trips with 2 weeks at home in Denver, co in between. I wouldn't want to miss my interview. So I wonder how much time ahead I will get a letter with my Naturalization interview date. I filed N400 with NSC, Denver is my local office. I just checked the timelines at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp but after the recent update they don't show N400 processing dates any more. Why?

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ania
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:37 am
NewYorker

Default Re: Naturalization interview

For my case, they give me 3-4 weeks advance notice in KC. I guess the
reason is, to give me enough time to study. I hope Denver, CO experienced
ppl would give you a more accurate answer.

"ania"

> I filed N400 in October, had my biometrics in November, so I am
> expecting to be interviewed in April - May. Does it sound right? About
> this time of the year I will be traveling a lot outside of US. I will
> have to take a couple 2 week trips with 2 weeks at home in Denver, co in
> between. I wouldn't want to miss my interview. So I wonder how much time
> ahead I will get a letter with my Naturalization interview date. I
> filed N400 with NSC, Denver is my local office. I just checked the
> timelines at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp but after
> the recent update they don't show N400 processing dates any more. Why?
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Ania

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:48 pm
Banned

leedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to allleedsPaddy is a name known to all
Default Re: Naturalization interview

My advice to you is to go into your local office if you can as much as possible to get regular updates on where your case is. I live in Vermont and granted this office is very small especially in comparison to a big city office such as denver.............but I am positive that my regular visits helped me get my citizenship a lot quicker. It helped that my office was 5 mins drive from my house and it helped that I got to know the people behind the counter. It didn't speed up the background and name checks which had to be done by the FBI but when they came back it helped me get my interview quicker...... I applied in November 2004 and my background checks were back by February 1st 2005. They had set my interview date for the first week of April but because I developed a rapport with the Immigration officers, they offered me a cancellation date of February 8th and I took the Oath ceremony in March 2005. With regards to the length of time it takes to process a naturalization application: a) the processing times are completely meaningless and I truely believe they are published as a way to deter people from inundating the local offices. b) The length of time really depends on location first and the complexity of your case second.......by this I mean, Vermont doesn't have a large immigrant population and so my background check only took a week and my name check took 3 weeks whereas if you lived in a high immigrant state such as florida these checks would take a lot longer to do because there are more of them c) When you visit your local office, don't be afraid to ask about cancellation dates for interviews and keep asking until they give you one(However they will only do this once the background checks have come back from the FBI).
Hope this helps
cheers,