Name correction on NVC Records

Old Aug 28th 2020, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

muqeem is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Name correction on NVC Records

Hi

my wife case was applied by his brother in 2007 before she married to me.

she got marrried in 2009 my wife name has changed after marriage .

Today my wife petiotioner got the letter from NVC that case has been created and now NVC asking to pay the fees and also we can add the applicant but what i can see when i loged in to nvc the name of my wife was show there what her name before the marriage.

so do i need to do anything to change her name there or shall we carry on like that and attached the marriage certificate which shows her old name (before marriage one).

also the NVC shows interview placed to Islamabad but we moved to England so what to do now.

for summary i want to know below thigs.
1) how to change my wife name if needed now?
2)interview location shown islamabad pakistan but we lived in England so we need to give interview here.

Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2020, 3:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name correction on NVC Records

Your wife should contact NVC to ask that the case file be sent to London instead of Islamabad.

I wouldn't worry about her name change, that just complicated things.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2020, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your message and I would try not to create new thread.

my question is below.

My wife added me as a spouse and attached True translation of marriage certificate , because the original one was in URDU ( that’s why we attached true translation from notary)

will that’s document acceptable?

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2020, 11:34 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the translated document contains the magic language, yes.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 11:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If that document is not acceptable, NVC might let you know and ask for a different one....or it might get all the way to the embassy interview and then they might ask for a different one. Bottom line is that if it's not acceptable, at some point you will get an opportunity to present a different one.

It's already been submitted now, so don't stress about it.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2020, 7:11 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General information - references to “LND number” is not quite correct. There are two components to the identifier.

The numerical component is known as an “IVACS” number. IVACS stands for “Immigrant Visa Applicant Control System.” The number applies to the individual primary applicant. This system was created when State moved away from local consular storage and processing to stateside processing.

The IVACS number is preceded by the “post code.”

If the post code should change the numeric part of the identifier will remain the same.

Until an application starts getting into actual processing (the Priority Date coming current) the Post Code really doesn’t matter all that much.
Old Aug 31st 2020, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Name correction on NVC Records

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

in my case
IVSCA00001597966 what is that mean?

can you please reply
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Name correction on NVC Records

Hi

As discussed last time.

My documents and kids documents has been submitted and accepted by NVC.

My question is below.

When i logged on to ceac website ts showing below

VISA CLASS: F41
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: NVC FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY: PAKISTAN
INTERVIEW LOCATION: ISLAMABAD
PRIORITY DATE: 09-SEP-2007

We are living in United kingdom so how can i asked NVC to change the interview location to London and do you guys have any idea how long it takes to change the interview location ?

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 11:58 pm

Call NVC.

I don't know how long it will take, but if you miss the window of changing it at NVC and it gets forwarded to Pakistan, then it takes a lot longer to forward from Pakistan to UK. So best to get it done at NVC.

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 12:03 am

If you Google "NVC Contact", you will find their page which has a link to send an inquiry. https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

There is also a link to an email (too long to post here).

The phone number is 603-334-0700. You may have to wait on hold for a long time.

Rene
Old Sep 4th 2020, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Thank you very much.

Rene.

at the moment the fees for the DS260 is 325USD can you please tell me after we get the immigrant Visa and arrival at US.

How much is the fees for the Green card application for adults and minors under 13years?

Thanks

Old Sep 4th 2020, 4:24 pm

Sorry, I don't know the fees offhand. Use Google.
Also, if you are arriving on an immigrant visa, there is no green card application. But there is a fee for production of the plastic green card.
Rene
Old Sep 9th 2020, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks.

I have another query we are filling the forms and i notice my petiotioner needs to submit Affadavit of support.

When i logged in to CEAC i notice there are so many version for affadavit of support.

like I864W , I864EZ ,I864A, SO which one m y petionter needs to fll ?

thanks

Old Sep 9th 2020, 9:45 pm

I-864.

Rene
Old Sep 9th 2020, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply

just attached can you please confirm , remember my petiotioner is the owner of his own clinic in Miami so in that case also he needs to fill the same attached form .

can you please see attached document and let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
i-864 form.pdf (509.0 KB, 46 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.