name change L2 visa

Old Dec 6th 2012, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

remember_me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default name change L2 visa

Hi All,

We are happily enjoying life in the bay area on the L1/2, everything has gone very smoothly.

Some facts : Irish passport holders, Visa was applied for in Madrid.

We got married in Spain, where it isn't the done thing to change names after wedding, so my wife never did - her passport etc is in her maiden name.
Her visa is in her maiden name, as obviously it is a copy of her identity page in the passport.

She would like to start the process of changing her name before we start a family, however we don't know what the complications are. She can quite easily get a new passport from Ireland with our married name, however her visa and status is her current passport.

Is it even possible without having to go through the whole process of applying for new visas etc?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: name change L2 visa

Originally Posted by remember_me
She can quite easily get a new passport from Ireland with our married name, however her visa and status is her current passport.
If she chooses to get a new passport in her married name, she will thereafter need to carry both passports and a copy of the marriage certificate. When her L-2 expires, she can apply for a new visa using her married name.

Is it even possible without having to go through the whole process of applying for new visas etc?
Yes, quite doable.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

remember_me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: name change L2 visa

Thanks Ian!

quick and to the point - i like that