N400 Timeline Atlanta

Old Jul 22nd 2018, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Timeline Atlanta

For what it’s worth, the new online N400 system IS anal about some things . I had a job change to list . The old job ended on a Friday and the new one started the Monday after. The system insisted I account for 2 days in between, that I duly listed as unemployed . The interviewer chuckled at that one.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 3:33 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Thank you. The OP informed me of that several posts before yours.

It doesn't matter that it overlaps. The USCIS is not nitpicking on dates. Hubby had the same problem when he naturalized because he lived in Germany for 16 years and then in Nova Scotia and then in Ottawa and then in the US. He went from month's start to month's end and there was no problems. Of course that was in the days before forms were completed online. Even gaps were acceptable as long as they were minor. USCIS is not going to contact each apartment you have lived in to ascertain the date you moved in and the date your moved out.

Just as when it asks for travels outside of the US, sometimes you have to guestimate the dates. As long as it is well within the guidelines, you are fine. And no, some travels don't result in I-94's so there is no way of proving your travels.

The form must have changed since all those years ago when your hubby did it. You now only have to provide addresses where you lived the previous 5 (or 3 if filing under the 3-year-rule) years prior to filing. So those addresses would all be in the USA unless one is a military spouse on overseas assignment. So your husband may have had to provide overseas addresses for years and years but that’s not required anymore.

And green card holders don’t get I-94s when they travel back into the country from an overseas visit. But the travel history also only goes back 5 or 3 years. They are not interested in your activities and movements prior to being an LPR.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 3:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my husband was in the RCAF for 36 years. Thanks for reiterating all that I knew, always nice to know that others are knowledgeable.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 12:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

So those addresses would all be in the USA unless one is a military spouse on overseas assignment. So your husband may have had to provide overseas addresses for years and years but that’s not required anymore.
Not true if you apply 90 days before the 5 year anniversary. I did, and had to list the 3 months living in the UK before I used my visa to enter the US to get the form to accept it.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Vidt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I I'm now I have lots of questions, and here goes another.

I got my green card through marriage. My husband is an an American citizen. This was 11 years ago. Now when I apply in the n400, do I do the 3 year, green card through marriage or do i pick the option of the 5 year, since I have had my unconditional green card for 9 years? Is one route faster than the other and which one would be most accurate in my situation?
Also, I had to amend my tax returns for 2013, 2014 and 2015. I initially submitted online to the best of my knowledge. At that point I was not aware that my UK accounts had to be in included on there. I hired an accountant and had the tax returns amended, paid any dues and penalties and am up to date for every year. On this case, would I submit the tax transcripts from the IRS website ( curious as they only seem to have my original return). My completion and accuracy sale, I thought I'd submit bothers the tax transcripts and also the account transcripts for each year. The account transcript shows all activity on my account. Thoughts?

I am sending the application by mail.

as always, many thanks for any responses.

Last edited by Vidt; Jul 30th 2018 at 3:28 am.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 3:41 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I personally went with the 5 year option despite still being married as people said it requires less documentation. I believe the timelines are the same so neither option is faster than the other. I can't help with the tax return question but I've looked at several sets of requirements and see no mention of tax returns when applying through the 5 year option unless you lived outside the US for more than 6 months since getting your green card.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...PDFs/M-477.pdf
Old Jul 30th 2018, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

In my non-legal opinion, tax transcripts are fine. The USCIS cares primarily that you truthfully answered the question that you have paid your taxes and are not overdue without any arrangement in place, e.g. a payment plan. The details of an amended tax return are just details. If the transcripts don't mention the amended updates, simply carry a copy of your 1040X, the payment plan receipt etc, as well. What would be a problem is saying you don't owe taxes when you actually do.

In my case, I simply uploaded the tax transcripts to my online account. I was asked the question about owing taxes and I honestly answered no, and was not asked to show a copy of transcripts or anything. In fact, all I had to show were my green card, passport and drivers license. I'm done with the whole process, as of last week.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I personally went with the 5 year option despite still being married as people said it requires less documentation. I believe the timelines are the same so neither option is faster than the other. I can't help with the tax return question but I've looked at several sets of requirements and see no mention of tax returns when applying through the 5 year option unless you lived outside the US for more than 6 months since getting your green card.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...PDFs/M-477.pdf
thank you!
Old Jul 30th 2018, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sun_burn
In my non-legal opinion, tax transcripts are fine. The USCIS cares primarily that you truthfully answered the question that you have paid your taxes and are not overdue without any arrangement in place, e.g. a payment plan. The details of an amended tax return are just details. If the transcripts don't mention the amended updates, simply carry a copy of your 1040X, the payment plan receipt etc, as well. What would be a problem is saying you don't owe taxes when you actually do.

In my case, I simply uploaded the tax transcripts to my online account. I was asked the question about owing taxes and I honestly answered no, and was not asked to show a copy of transcripts or anything. In fact, all I had to show were my green card, passport and drivers license. I'm done with the whole process, as of last week.
congratulations! If you files in Atlanta, how long I it take you? Thanks!
Old Jul 30th 2018, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

I didn’t file in Atlanta but in a smaller California field office . The estimated processing time was 10-14 months I think, but I was done in a little under 7 months .
Old Jul 30th 2018, 12:14 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vidt
congratulations! If you files in Atlanta, how long I it take you? Thanks!
Current processing time states 10-20 months. A member on here had his interview scheduled after 8. I filed in May, have had my biometrics, and don't expect to hear anything until 2019 now.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 2:35 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Then go from the first of the month to the last of the month, i.e. 4/1/14 - 4/30/17 They do not make you bring your lease.
I am getting all of my data ready for when the Germams give my permission to apply for USC. I just assumed that this would be the same date as the AR-11’s were filed, since that’s the record USCIS will have for GC holders residence.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

BigK is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, its crazy how long the waits are. I naturalized 5 years ago and the wait was 6 months or less everywhere. Now my center is showing 13-19. Wow!
Old Aug 1st 2018, 5:54 pm
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by BigK
Wow, its crazy how long the waits are. I naturalized 5 years ago and the wait was 6 months or less everywhere. Now my center is showing 13-19. Wow!
I was reading an article last week (I don't have the link or would share) that stated that the number of N400 applications being overseen by ATL had gone from 10,000 to 19,000 pending since Trump took office and that this wasn't an isolated case, some had more than doubled.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I also read an article yesterday that said that this year there were 70,000 fewer applications submitted in the first quarter of 2018 vs Q1 2017. But the backlog is growing. Read into that what you will.

https://qz.com/1344533/uscis-citizen...ime-is-longer/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.