N400 Test Preperation

Old Apr 1st 2017, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

mmmyesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400 Test Preperation

Hello all,

I have my citizenship test coming up in about 3 weeks and would love some feedback from anyone who has done this recently. I did a search but most threads I found were 8+ years old.

As far as I am aware the test is verbal and not multiple choice is that correct? Also I am in Oklahoma what type of questions relating to someones state of residence are typically asked?

Thanks!
Old Apr 1st 2017, 7:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Test Preperation

The USCIS website has a guide to naturalization that use to have a booklet with the possible questions they might ask. I don't recall that they ask any questions relating to where you live.

Questions are on federal level, government, i.e. senate, house of reps, supreme court justices, number of colonies (13) and their names, etc.

Basically, it is a civic exam.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 7:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Here, I did the work for you:

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test

This is what the interview is like and there is a link to the written test and the questions and answers for all 100 questions on the civics test.

You only be asked 10 questions out of the 100 and usually they stop after you have answered 6 or 7 correctly.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

mmmyesh is an unknown quantity at this point

perfect thank you
Old Apr 1st 2017, 7:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to get 6 out of 10 correct. If you get the first 6 correct, they stop asking. The civics test is verbal. In addition, they will speak a sentence and you have to write it, and also they will show you a written sentence and you have to read it aloud.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2017, 7:57 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The USCIS website has a guide to naturalization that use to have a booklet with the possible questions they might ask. I don't recall that they ask any questions relating to where you live.

Questions are on federal level, government, i.e. senate, house of reps, supreme court justices, number of colonies (13) and their names, etc.

Basically, it is a civic exam.
Just with regard to the names of the local congressperson and senator, as you say.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 9:33 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add that the study guide that Rete linked to contains the pool of 100 questions of which you will be asked between 6 and 10 (depending how many you get wrong). If you study those 100 questions you can't go wrong.