N400 - Tax returns

Old Feb 1st 2017, 3:08 pm
Plunged in

TimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to all
Default N400 - Tax returns

Hi folks,

I'm taking the plunge and filing my N400 and am pulling together the supporting documents.

Reading through the USCIS checklist, they say:
4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
a. Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certi cates of children; or
b. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certi ed copies of the income tax forms that you both led for the past 3 years; or
c. An IRS tax return transcript for the last 3 years.
I have copies of my tax returns but they're not IRS certified.

Am I right thinking that, in combination with bank statements and birth certificates they should provide adequate proof of an ongoing relationship?

Just need to get over this last hurdle and I never have to deal with USCIS again!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 4:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 - Tax returns

As long as you include a copy of the entire tax return (all pages), that will be fine.

Or you could order the free IRS transcripts which are fewer pages and are "official".

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Feb 1st 2017 at 4:05 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 4:02 pm
Plunged in

TimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to all

Thanks Noorah! Useful advice as always.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimandRae View Post
I have copies of my tax returns but they're not IRS certified.
I doubt most people have IRS certified copies of their tax returns. They send the IRS the original and they keep a copy!

Am I right thinking that, in combination with bank statements and birth certificates they should provide adequate proof of an ongoing relationship?
For naturalization purposes, the tax returns are not used as proof of an ongoing relationship. They are required only to demonstrate "good moral character".

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2017, 4:40 pm
Plunged in

Ah! Ok. Guess I should try to get hold of the official transcripts then...
Old Feb 1st 2017, 5:32 pm
Plunged in

One more question: I'm trying to work out the fee for filling. I downloaded one check sheet last week that gave the fee as $680 and another today that listed the fee as $725.

I'm assuming the higher fee is the current one?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 5:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. The fee is listed on www.uscis.gov, Form N-400 page.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2017, 7:01 pm
Plunged in

And it's gone! Wish me luck.