N400 question and an update

Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default N400 question and an update

Hiya

I don't know how many of you will remember me, I was a frequent visitor to these boards before I moved to the USA and married the love of my life

I was just thinking it had been a while since I was here, so thought I would pop back and give you an update, and also ask some N-400 questions (yes it has been that long!!)

Firstly, my wife and I are expecting our first child on Thanksgiving this year, and we have been married 4 years in October, so time really does fly!

I submitted the N-400 to VSC on 07/28 to beat the price increase and they cleared the check on 08/08 (unfrotunately the check image from the bank isnt clear enough to read the number they wrote on it )

Is it usually to get some sort of NOA or something for an N-400 once submitted, as I am a little concerned as they cleared the check and I havent even heard from them in a month for anything, not even an acknowledgment?

Thanks and good luck to you all
Lee
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 question and an update

Hi Lee and congratulations on the upcoming birth. The service centers are experiencing a bit of a delay in sending NOA's out at the moment. The large number of filers who wished to beat the price increase has jammed the system.

You will receive an NOA and a few weeks later correspondence directing you to go for biometrics. Until then it is a waiting game again. You will be contacted eventually by the district office with an interview date.

Rete
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

Thanks

how are things with you know? It has been a few years

Can't wait for the little one to come now hehe.. going to be a little boy
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: N400 question and an update and hi from an old timer

I am sure the NOA will turn up at some point, at least with this wait I already have a 10 yr GC, so it isnt as much of an issue!!!

I passed the citizenship test around at work for fun, and i scored higher than 4 of the 10 people in the team that were born here.. guess you forget what you were taught at school hehe
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:44 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Congratulations to both of you on the news of the wee one, hope the pregnancy goes well.

As the other posters have said, USCIS is running on a major backlog cause every man, wife and their dog applied to avoid the price increase.

I filed 7/21, was received at Vermont 07/23, but didn't get the letter of receipt till Monday this week. (received the appointment for fingerprinting today Yey!!)

You might want to check out the press release section of the USCIS website, they are issuing weekly (roughly weekly anyway) press releases of the dates that they are processing for sending out receipt notices.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
As the other posters have said, USCIS is running on a major backlog cause every man, wife and their dog applied to avoid the price increase.
Woof! When I applied, Ian took me to the vet for the medical. Things were fine until the doc wanted my temperature... then bam... up my arse goes this long cold thing. I tried to fantasize that it was Justin Timberlake... but the vet kept saying - breathe, relax, breathe, relax... most unconducive to fantasy! Well a few seconds later it was over and I was only just starting to get excited.

Lucky - Ian's doggie!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:00 pm
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Woof! When I applied, Ian took me to the vet for the medical. Things were fine until the doc wanted my temperature... then bam... up my arse goes this long cold thing. I tried to fantasize that it was Justin Timberlake... but the vet kept saying - breathe, relax, breathe, relax... most unconducive to fantasy! Well a few seconds later it was over and I was only just starting to get excited.

Lucky - Ian's doggie!

Nice One! pmsl
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol hi Ian, long time no see

still waiting for the elusive NOA..., only been 7 weeks now, and I had forgotten how much fun they were to deal with in the last year and a bit I haven't had to...