N400 processing times/question

Old Sep 4th 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

hhmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400 processing times/question

Hi

I filed for a N400 in May 2001 at Vermont. (along with my wife) We had our fingerprints taken (at Newark, NJ) in Nov 02. My wife had he test/interview and is now a USC in May 03. I have heard nothing. I have called the telephone help line for the past 4 months and to be honest there are as good as useless. All they are able to tell me is that someone will write to me within the "next 4 weeks" (from the Newark office) Off course I have never had a response. I have tried to escallate it but draw a total blank. Any suggestions on what steps I should take next?

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N400 processing times/question

Originally posted by hhmaker
Hi

I filed for a N400 in May 2001 at Vermont. (along with my wife) We had our fingerprints taken (at Newark, NJ) in Nov 02. My wife had he test/interview and is now a USC in May 03. I have heard nothing. I have called the telephone help line for the past 4 months and to be honest there are as good as useless. All they are able to tell me is that someone will write to me within the "next 4 weeks" (from the Newark office) Off course I have never had a response. I have tried to escallate it but draw a total blank. Any suggestions on what steps I should take next?

Thanks
I feel your pain. The internet status check was useless in my case. It never said anything even after I got my oath letter. The automated phone status check was also rubbish the whole time.. never had any information. Even my interviewing officer and the entire district office was somewhat useless. They couldn't get my case file to their building. I had to do it by calling the service center for months and finally I got a rep who caught the error in their official file requests. Most of the frustration and the process is documented here at britishexpats.com in my posts.

Some others on here will tell you how to contact your congressman and get them to take steps that might help. You can resolve it through phone calls. Do not bother writing. They do not respond.

The interviewing officer had told me at the interview, "We don't have your A-file. It was supposed to be here before the interview. We'll send out another official request for the file. You can try and get the file yourself by writing to the service center." I was also given an official form to fill out for information which I never got a response to either.

Some others on here did not get their oath letters and almost missed the ceremony so watch out for that too.

Last edited by jaytee; Sep 4th 2003 at 9:27 pm.