Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Naturalisation Interview questions

N400 Naturalisation Interview questions

Old Jun 19th 2008, 3:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Naturalisation Interview questions

I'm sure you can, as well. Some adjudicators ask for evidence, others don't. And if yours does, then you handle it at that point. Sometimes straight talk about her grey credit history will be all you need to say.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:08 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm sure you can, as well. Some adjudicators ask for evidence, others don't. And if yours does, then you handle it at that point. Sometimes straight talk about her grey credit history will be all you need to say.
Grey?? It never got as good as Grey.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

I have another question that you all might think is a bit mad!

Do you "have" to attend the Oath Ceremony? It's not lack of wanting to go on my part, but I am seven months pregnant right now, and might not be something I will be up to in the coming months.

I imagine your attendance is required, but I thought you would all know.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Do you "have" to attend the Oath Ceremony?
You *must* take the Oath of Allegiance to become a USC. Do you need to attend a specific oath ceremony? No... you can reschedule if you like... but you must attend an oath ceremony at some point in time. You will never be a USC until you do.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You *must* take the Oath of Allegiance to become a USC. Do you need to attend a specific oath ceremony? No... you can reschedule if you like... but you must attend an oath ceremony at some point in time. You will never be a USC until you do.

Ian
Thanks Ian. That is what I thought and it makes perfect sense. I hope it is sooner rather than later then!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian. That is what I thought and it makes perfect sense. I hope it is sooner rather than later then!
I wonder if you could find a federal judge to administer the oath in a private ceremony? I don't think there's a rule that says you must take the oath at a USCIS-organized ceremony. Don't know about the certificate though, but a judge could probably organize that also! Just a thought.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Use the timeframe of pending birth as a reason why you want to hang about the waiting room to be assigned the next available oath date. If you ask the examiner nicely, I'm sure they will accommodate you.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Rete and Ian,

I will definately enquire as to my options next week at my appointment. I'll smile nicely etc!

Just trying to keep life simple for myself right now, as totally exhausted!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:00 pm
Concierge

Thanks Rete and Ian,

Just trying to keep life simple for myself right now, as totally exhausted!

I understand. Have one daughter due mid-August and one the end of September. They both have the same complaint.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:59 pm
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my Naturalization interview and Oath in May 22/08 in Norfolk , Virginia, my wife was with me, when was called by officer , she asked her if she can provide her driver license, I guess just proof that we have the same address. Was asked to provide marriage certificate and all supporting documents, especially Tax return from last year which They did not have on file.
I think if your husband can not attend with you , make sure you have evidence that you are still living together , utility bills, insurance ect..
I was lucky enough and had all done in one day.In my opinion better have more supporting documents just in case if they ask .
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:48 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Well, having got an interview date out of the blue last week. Applied 1st April, interview 10th July, I suppose this is now more pressing than in was.

Took a look through the bills pile yesterday and came up with:

Car insurance renewal in joint names. Joint gym membership renewal.
Water bill (me), electric bill (her), property tax (me), cellphone bill (her), internet bill (me).

Obviously my driving licence and hers are current and show the same address.

All bank and credit card statements are in my name or hers, but with the same address.

What's the advice? Just take it all, including her original driving licence (or a copy)?

alex.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g1ant
What's the advice? Just take it all, including her original driving licence (or a copy)?

alex.
Yep. Plus tax returns showing filing married.

Rene
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:32 pm
Country Member

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yep. Plus tax returns showing filing married.

Rene
The tax returns were submitted as part of the N-400, so originals of those are in the file to take with me.

thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by g1ant
The tax returns were submitted as part of the N-400, so originals of those are in the file to take with me.

thanks

A comprehensive package then. You have the 2008 filing, right?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all goes well for you Giant. FWIW, my hubby had his interview in early May. I collected all kinds of stuff, and my husband wasn't asked for any of it. I hope you get an interviewer with the same approach!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.