N400 Mess Continues

Old Oct 21st 2020, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute
Default N400 Mess Continues

Hi,

I applied last year for citizenship, attended an interview in January (passed), and have been waiting patiently ever since. I assumed covid has caused chaos, and was not particularly worried. In the mean time my i751 app ended up in PA (no idea how or why), a nice USCIS officer called and said they would send it back to MA (this was in April).

FF to now, another N400 interview has been scheduled.

Anyone else dealt with anything like this?

H
Old Oct 21st 2020, 6:03 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Mess Continues

Not the same as your situation, but my application disappeared for a year. I wasn’t particularly bothered so didn’t realize how long it had been. When I heard that folks who had applied long after me were already citizens, I spoke to my future congressman’s immigration liaison. Two days later I had my interview appointment, a month after that was sworn in. I suggest you try contacting your elected representative.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 7:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Mess Continues

Has the I-765 been approved? Can you tell us why an officer of the USCIS would call you in regards to the location where your I-754 inadvertently wound up? What was there? The I-765 application? Your recalled file from the Salt Mines of Lee Summit?

In any event, it looks like you need to go to the new interview appointment for the N-400. Not heard that there is a time limit on the validity of the test and interview. Are you sure it is for an interview and not the oath ceremony.