n400 journey

Old Dec 14th 2011, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Magpie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default n400 journey

Quick history.

I met my USC wife in England, moved over here in 1990 and got married. So I have lived here for about 21 years going on 22.

I have finally decided to go ahead and become a citizen. So I have downloaded the n400 form and have started gathering all the information I need to fill it in and documents I need to send in with it.

Looks fairly strait forward, but any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I will also post my progress to keep you up to date with how it goes.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: n400 journey

You posted in the wrong section. The following link contains different peoples experiences when filing for naturalization.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703810
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Magpie1
Looks fairly strait forward, but any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
It is very straightforward. You'll be basing your application on 5 years as a PR, not on your marriage, so you're OK there.

Can't think of any tips or advice until you ask specific questions.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Michael
You posted in the wrong section. The following link contains different peoples experiences when filing for naturalization.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703810
Sorry for posting in the wrong place and thank you for moving it to the correct place.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

I finally sent off all my paper work today. So now I guess I just sit back and wait for my biometrics appointment.

The main reason for the delay between my first post and the mailing was my own procrastination and not problems filling out the form.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Ok Ireceaved a letter yesterday with the date of my biometrics appointment, which is on wed 15th Feb.

So everything is moving along nicely at the moment.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Magpie1
Ok Ireceaved a letter yesterday with the date of my biometrics appointment, which is on wed 15th Feb.

So everything is moving along nicely at the moment.
Well done, at this rate you will be able to vote later this year
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

Magpie, here is my husband's timeline since you may be using the SC office (I remember back in the day that we used to have to drive out of state for biometrics appointments).

Sent off N400 application 9-22-11
Biometrics appt. 10-19-11
Interview 2-6-12
Oath and ceremony (with certificate) done the same day 2-6-12 at 2:00pm

We finished his interview at 1:00pm (appt. time 12:30pm) and were told that the ceremony was at 2:00pm (also had other slots during the week at 2:00pm). We phoned my mom and she was able to make it down to West Ashley so that we could see the ceremony and take pictures (you even get to see a "music video" featuring the "God Bless the USA" Lee Greenwood song. My husband had to grit his teeth through that part.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Married2abrit
Magpie, here is my husband's timeline since you may be using the SC office (I remember back in the day that we used to have to drive out of state for biometrics appointments).

Sent off N400 application 9-22-11
Biometrics appt. 10-19-11
Interview 2-6-12
Oath and ceremony (with certificate) done the same day 2-6-12 at 2:00pm

We finished his interview at 1:00pm (appt. time 12:30pm) and were told that the ceremony was at 2:00pm (also had other slots during the week at 2:00pm). We phoned my mom and she was able to make it down to West Ashley so that we could see the ceremony and take pictures (you even get to see a "music video" featuring the "God Bless the USA" Lee Greenwood song. My husband had to grit his teeth through that part.
Thank you for your husbands time line. It's interesting that they did the interview and oath ceremony on the same day. I will also be griting my teeth if i have to listen to that song