Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Interview next week - questions

N400 Interview next week - questions

Old May 14th 2019, 9:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Interview next week - questions

Originally Posted by tht

No rush on the SS card since it already had no restrictions on it, guessing they just need it for any claims, it’s on the list, passport is top priority so I am not grounded. They gave me the the application form today and said I can completed and submit right there after the ceremony, I got pictures on my way home. Since My CT lisence is already “Real ID”, I can update the DMV in 2021 when I renew it unless there is some legal responsibility to do it sooner.
There is no rush on the SS, however, US Citizens enjoy different rates of tax deferred monies from various states. There is no legal responsibility to notify the DMV. The updated information will be used to add your name to the jury database.

PS There were no wait times for SS in my husband's time. He took his naturalization certificate to the SS office two days after the oath ceremony and his records were changed to reflect his USC.

Last edited by Rete; May 14th 2019 at 9:43 pm.
Old May 14th 2019, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

I've received jury summons in CA multiple times while still a green card holder , and I responded to them by filling in the part of the form where it lets me tell them I'm not a citizen.
Old May 15th 2019, 4:26 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Give it at least 10 days before you do this for their systems to reflect your naturalization. Depending on your state and if they have any non-citizen restrictions, you may want to inform the DMV too.
yeah i will do this in Texas because you can renew your driving online as a citizen . as a GC holder i currently have to go to the office for every minor change and it takes forever
Old May 15th 2019, 10:55 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Same here in GA
Old May 15th 2019, 1:04 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
yeah i will do this in Texas because you can renew your driving online as a citizen . as a GC holder i currently have to go to the office for every minor change and it takes forever
I can’t think of any changes I would need to make before renewal. I can already renew my registration online, and I assume I would have to go to the DMV to show them proof to update it, so I can either go after Naturalization or in 2 years when I go to renew it anyway.
Old May 15th 2019, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! This thread is super helpful.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:34 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

All done today. Arrived at 12:15 for a 12:30 and there was a big line outside. Security was secret service and US marshals not the local guys who were there for the interview. Was about 1:30pm before they had called everyone by name to collect their N445 and Permanent Resident cards, then the person from the state department talked about passports, and the person from the state elections commission handed out voter registration forms. Turns out the extra security was because the Senior Senator for CT was joining the Judge for the ceremony, he gave a speech before the USCIS official requested the judge naturalize us all. The Judge called out all the birth countries of the 58 applicants for Citizenship, and had each one stand when their birth country was called (at least 20 different ones). Then he administered the Oath, and then had everyone else stand for the pledge of allegiance.

Once that was done everyone collected their certificate and had pictures take with Senator Blumenthal. We also got a couple of envelopes, one from the Whitehouse with a letter “signed” by the President and another with a certificate holder and some more leaflets and a passport application form.

Once that was done I headed to be taxed $235 for a passport and card and went for some BBQ with my parents in law who had come to see it.

Last edited by tht; Jun 7th 2019 at 10:38 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There was tax on your passport application? I got a new passport last May and there wasn't any tax. Something new?????
Old Jun 7th 2019, 10:44 pm
tht

Originally Posted by Rete
There was tax on your passport application? I got a new passport last May and there wasn't any tax. Something new?????
no, not an explicit tax, just a fee well above the cost of producing a passport. Just being a proper American and complaining about any money I pay to the Federal Government...
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, tht!

Originally Posted by tht
The Judge called out all the birth countries of the 58 applicants for Citizenship, and had each one stand when their birth country was called (at least 20 different ones). Then he administered the Oath, and then had everyone else stand for the pledge of allegiance.

That's nice. Nothing like that at mine, but the judge did make a lovely speech about immigrants enriching the country.

Originally Posted by tht
one from the Whitehouse with a letter “signed” by the President
It is terrifying, isn't it? Like a scrawl from a broken (possessed?) marionette.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 11:15 am
tht

Originally Posted by retzie
Congratulations, tht!

That's nice. Nothing like that at mine, but the judge did make a lovely speech about immigrants enriching the country.

It is terrifying, isn't it? Like a scrawl from a broken (possessed?) marionette.
I think it looks more like a 5 year olds drawing of the NYC skyline from queens..

Old Jun 8th 2019, 12:07 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The letter is significantly better than the 'speech' that is played after being sworn in.

Quite why the director though showing Trump in profile, with all his chins on full display, was a good idea, I don't know.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 2:16 pm
tht

Originally Posted by civilservant
The letter is significantly better than the 'speech' that is played after being sworn in.

Quite why the director though showing Trump in profile, with all his chins on full display, was a good idea, I don't know.
No picture of him there, and no tapped speech. Blumenthal did not mention the President by name, but did make sure to emphasize the importance of voting and that our oath and allegiance is to the Constitution and, Rule of Law.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by tht

No picture of him there, and no tapped speech. Blumenthal did not mention the President by name, but did make sure to emphasize the importance of voting and that our oath and allegiance is to the Constitution and, Rule of Law.
Trump wasn't President when hubby naturalized but there was no video of the President nor any special letter from the White House. We were fine with that.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:27 pm
Often not so civil...

This is what was played in Atlanta on 5/17.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.