Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Interview @ Newark - Can spouse accompany?

N400 Interview @ Newark - Can spouse accompany?

Old Sep 17th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of
Default N400 Interview @ Newark - Can spouse accompany?

My wife has her Interview scheduled for October 15 at 8am. My understanding is that if she passes she will have her Oath Ceremony the same day at 1:30pm. Can I accompany her to the interview and oath? TIA
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Interview @ Newark - Can spouse accompany?

You won't be allowed in to her interview but you should be able to wait in the waiting room for her.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frank09
Can I accompany her to the interview and oath?
Family members are encouraged to attend the Oath Ceremony, but you will not be allowed to attend her interview.

Ian
Old Sep 17th 2013, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the replies. I know we will have to leave our cell phones in the car, does that mean we won't be able to take pics of the ceremony?
Old Sep 17th 2013, 11:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. I know we will have to leave our cell phones in the car, does that mean we won't be able to take pics of the ceremony?
I suppose that depends on where the oath is being held. Ours was (not in Newark) held in the Phoenix downtown courthouse facility, and we could take cameras inside.

You might not be able to take a cell phone in, but double check whether you can take a regular camera inside.

Rene
Old Sep 17th 2013, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

My understanding is that Newark has at least 2 same day oath ceremonies.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 11:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that Newark has at least 2 same day oath ceremonies.
When she goes in for the interview, she can ask about taking cell phones or cameras into the oath ceremony. Depending on the answer, you guys can go back out to the car and get your cell phone or camera, if it's allowed.

Rene
Old Sep 17th 2013, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
When she goes in for the interview, she can ask about taking cell phones or cameras into the oath ceremony. Depending on the answer, you guys can go back out to the car and get your cell phone or camera, if it's allowed.

Rene
Good advice. Will do.

And Rene, on a personal note - you've guided me for over 4 years now.. From when we were living in the UK and I got the Green cards for my wife and kids, to my kids US citizenship and now to my wife's naturalization. Thanks doesn't even cover it.... You're an angel.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 11:10 pm

Good advice. Will do.

And Rene, on a personal note - you've guided me for over 4 years now.. From when we were living in the UK and I got the Green cards for my wife and kids, to my kids US citizenship and now to my wife's naturalization. Thanks doesn't even cover it.... You're an angel.
Awwww, thank you!! I'm so glad I could help, thank you for the feedback! And congratulations on all the milestones!

Rene