N400 Form fill questions

Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

icantthink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400 Form fill questions

I have a couple of questions on the N400 form --

1. The section with my employer history only allows numerical entries in the dates (I am filling the form out with Adobe). For my current job, should I just fill out today's date? I can't type in CURRENT or PRESENT.

2. Last year my wife and I took a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska, and flew back from Anchorage. We were Vancouver for literally 3 hours before boarding the ship. There was an INS control at the boarding, and I believe my passport was stamped. Does this count as a trip of less than 24 hours?

3. For the sections that do not appy for me, do I leave them blank or mark them N/A? For example, there are sections on previous marriages that don't apply to me.

4. While we don't have any children right now, my wife is pregnant and expecting in July. I suppose I should mark the section with kids as 0 children and update the form at the interview (should be after our child's birth) when we do have a baby?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Form fill questions

Originally Posted by icantthink

1. The section with my employer history only allows numerical entries in the dates (I am filling the form out with Adobe). For my current job, should I just fill out today's date? I can't type in CURRENT or PRESENT.
Leave it blank and when you print it out complete by hand with the word "present"

2. Last year my wife and I took a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska, and flew back from Anchorage. We were Vancouver for literally 3 hours before boarding the ship. There was an INS control at the boarding, and I believe my passport was stamped. Does this count as a trip of less than 24 hours?
3 hours is less than 24 hours and it was only a pass through not a visit.

3. For the sections that do not appy for me, do I leave them blank or mark them N/A? For example, there are sections on previous marriages that don't apply to me.
Write "None" Do not leave anything blank.

4. While we don't have any children right now, my wife is pregnant and expecting in July. I suppose I should mark the section with kids as 0 children and update the form at the interview (should be after our child's birth) when we do have a baby?
You will amend at interview.

Thanks!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

icantthink is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

And as to the number of times we've been married, it's one each, correct? Even though the form does not specify "including this one".
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

And as to the number of times we've been married, it's one each, correct? Even though the form does not specify "including this one".

We put 3 for Jim which included this one and two for me which included this one. So I would vote for one for you ;-)
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
Hi:

1. I would leave it blank and than fill it out by hand. This is done all the time. In fact, at the time of the interview, the application will be amended by hand to reflect current facts. Happens all the time.

2. If it took more than 24 hours to sail from Vancouver to Anchorage, then it WAS over 24 hours. As is common for entries for Canada, there was a US inspection BEFORE boarding -- the actual arival is when the ship arrived in Anchorage and not when you got the stamp.

3. Either one is fine as long as the answer to a prior question makes it clear that it is not applicable to you.

4. You've read it correctly -- put in none and it will be corrected at the interview.