N400 and change of address

Old Feb 6th 2017, 5:58 pm
Plunged in

TimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to all
Default N400 and change of address

Hi folks,

We're hoping to close on our first house here in the US later this month (fingers crossed!). Of course this will be just a coupe of weeks after filing my N400.

As I understand it, if I register my change of address online through the USCIS site, I will be able to update both my green card records and the information for my N400. Am I right?
Old Feb 6th 2017, 6:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 and change of address

Personally, I would wait to file the N400 until after you move into the new place, since the difference is only a few weeks. You really don't want to mess with a change of address with USCIS.

For the green card, you just have to file an AR-11 on line,.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2017, 6:27 pm
Plunged in

TimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
Personally, I would wait to file the N400 until after you move into the new place, since the difference is only a few weeks.
Unfortunately that ship has sailed - the package went in the mail last week!

I'm not too concerned about the addresses themselves - our current address is my wife's parents (hence why we're looking to get a house!) - I'm just keen to make sure I tick all the boxes.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimandRae View Post
I'm just keen to make sure I tick all the boxes.
Once you move, you need to file an AR-11 online, and your wife needs to submit form I-865. Once you naturalize, neither of you ever needs to update that info again!

Ian
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you moving within the same city, or further away?

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:51 pm
Plunged in

Originally Posted by ian-mstm View Post
Once you move, you need to file an AR-11 online, and your wife needs to submit form I-865. Once you naturalize, neither of you ever needs to update that info again!

Ian
Thanks Ian. I'd forgotten about the I-865. Very much looking forward to not having to deal with USCIS again!

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
Are you moving within the same city, or further away?

Rene
About half a mile down the road! Don't you love small towns...
Old Feb 6th 2017, 9:55 pm

In that case, just do the AR-11 and I-865, and dint worry about the N-400 address.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2017, 5:58 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

As I recall, you must live in a specific "district" for a specific time, to qualify for citizenship. Hopefully, both parts of your small town are well within one such district.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
As I recall, you must live in a specific "district" for a specific time, to qualify for citizenship. Hopefully, both parts of your small town are well within one such district.
It's three months' residence in the same USCIS district OR the same state, so unless OP lives in somewhere like Texarkana, they should be OK.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs View Post
... they should be OK.
... L... A... H... O...M... A... Oklahoma!

Sorry - couldn't resist!

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2017, 3:38 pm
Plunged in

One too many coffees this morning, Ian