N400 can I do a case status? NSC

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

mercedesxyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400 can I do a case status? NSC

Hello all

This is a wonderful group.

I hope this is not a silly question but I tried to do a case status on the Government website but got an error message invalid string and/ or also cannot locate this #.

I recently applied to the NSC and received my NOA
form I-797c.

Just wondering if it takes a week or two before you can do an online check or if indeed the N400 is not checkable?
Also noticed their are two LIN numbers on the form... one at the top @ application number and it is a LIN*~~~~~~~~~~~~
and then at the very bottom of the form there is a different number this time LIN$ ~~~~~.
I presume my receipt numbe ris the first one.
Thanks to all and will keep you up-dated. I did not receive a notice for finger printing yet.

Jessica
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: N400 can I do a case status? NSC

I believe the receipt number is at the bottom of the NOA ... the reason I think it is because that's the number printed on the back of the check I sent and they cashed.

I am not sure if we can get status online that way because I am experiencing the same.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 3:39 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
My husband is in the middle of his N400 through NSC (Chicago) as well. We are able to see his case status online. The number you need to use has to be 13 digits long. Our number includes an asterisk * so make sure to put that in there if you have one. I first tried it without and it came up invalid. We were able to check the status at about the two week mark from them receiving it.

Good luck.
~SecretGarden
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you A and SG ....

I will wait a few days as I just applied through NSC N400 application.

My check was cashed immediately and withing 5 days I received a NOA saving my application would approx 100 days in the mix. However unlike may others I have not todate received my finger printing notice .... my priority day is December 21, 2007.

Thanks again All ....
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:55 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mercedesxyz
Thank you A and SG ....

I will wait a few days as I just applied through NSC N400 application.

My check was cashed immediately and withing 5 days I received a NOA saving my application would approx 100 days in the mix. However unlike may others I have not todate received my finger printing notice .... my priority day is December 21, 2007.

Thanks again All ....

We received his NOA and his fingerprinting notice on the same day. He went for printing on Dec. 29 which was one month to the day after they received the package.

Will keep you updated when we hear something else.

(and yes, they cashed the check the same day they received the package.... )

~SG
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Thank you SG

I really appreciate you keeping me up-dated as I am just a few weeks behind you so our applications might move somewhat in similar times.

Good luck to you for a speedy conclusion ....

Jessica
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:05 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark's I-797 was dated March 27, 2007 but his online case status wasn't updated until April 12 (and hasn't budged since). I'd say if you wait 2-3 weeks it should eventually show up when you plug in the number.

~ Jenney
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

The online case status system is notoriously unreliable. My N400 case never appeared there, even though it was processed normally and I'm now a citizen. Dozens of posters over at immigrationportal.com have had the same experience as well. So don't sweat it if you can't get good information from that system.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:07 pm
The Missus

Originally Posted by Bill_S
The online case status system is notoriously unreliable. My N400 case never appeared there, even though it was processed normally and I'm now a citizen. Dozens of posters over at immigrationportal.com have had the same experience as well. So don't sweat it if you can't get good information from that system.
We know........but it's the last step in making yourself crazy before not having to deal with USCIS again!

~SG
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Exactly - my case never appeared - and I called the mis-info line and the confirmed the case and its status and said sometimes it just doesn't make it into the system So if it's not there online do not worry - it makes no difference.