Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 - "Additional evidence you want to provide"

N400 - "Additional evidence you want to provide"

Old Nov 1st 2019, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default N400 - "Additional evidence you want to provide"

Hi all,

I'm working my way through the online N400 Application today. On the last page it asks for additional evidence to support the application and it lists marriage certificate and birth certificate for the kids, I've uploaded those in the appropriate boxes.

In the last box it says:"Additional evidence you want to provide

You can provide additional documents that support your application and help explain any of your responses on the application. If you want to provide additional evidence now, upload any documents below. You can also bring the documents to your naturalization interview."

But it doesn't specify what additional documentation I ought to upload there? I looked at the PDF with the document checklist and I can't find anything there either. My husband is not a US citizen, we have both been permanent residents for nine years.

If I try to click through to to the next page it flags up a warning saying my application may be delayed if I do not provide additional evidence. Any ideas?

Last edited by The Horticulturalist; Nov 1st 2019 at 7:40 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 7:10 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 - "Additional evidence you want to provide"

Did you least upload tax return information? Any driving infractions? Divorce decrees/name change paperwork?

if you have nothing else to include per the evidence requirements, then you can ignore it.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

No, the only thing that would apply to me from your list would be tax returns. It doesn't mention those, how many years are they looking for?
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
No, the only thing that would apply to me from your list would be tax returns. It doesn't mention those, how many years are they looking for?
I believe they ask for three years. Normally you send copies / scans of the tax transcripts, not the tax return (1040) itself. You can download those from the IRS website, though I couldn't get the security check to work and had to order them by mail.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's helpful, thanks so much! I'll work on getting those together.
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Washahore is an unknown quantity at this point

I just had my oath ceremony last week so my journey is very recent! I didn’t upload anything to do with taxes- I was never asked to on the form or since. I didn’t take them to my interview and again I was only asked if I paid taxes and did I owe anything! Seems like the guy had a way of checking on his computer. The only evidence I had to upload was mine and my kids birth certificates and my marriage certificate!
I’m in MA and had my interview in Boston.
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good to know and congrats to your family! I was able to get create an IRS account and add transcripts so I uploaded them anyway yesterday. Plan to proof read the application today and then send it off and then the waiting begins!
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 2:29 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I was approved earlier this year in Atlanta and I did upload my tax info.
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 10:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the Guide to Naturalization, it tells you on there what documentation is required. A lot depends on the basis for your naturalization. Is it because of abbreviated residency due to marriage to a USC or because you have been a resident for five years.