N-400 update - finally an oath!!!

Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future
Talking N-400 update - finally an oath!!!

Hi all,
Haven't been around for awhile, due to many changes that happened in the last 6-7 months...
So here's the short summary:
I passed the citizenship interview in mid-August 2005 in New Orleans, and at the end of August (before the oath) was displaced by hurricane Katrina, and in December 2005 I permanently relocated to Denver, Colorado (gosh I so love it here...
My concern was, of course, the oath ceremony and what is going to happen with the N-400, particularly since the files were moved from New Orleans to Memphis district office (and I don't think anybody would be comfortable knowing their file is being moved... I reported to USCIS office in Denver in January, and they requested my file, which was received on March 28th. Today, I got an oath notice - it will be on June 30th. I am so relieved... -after 9 months of wait just for an oath I am finally at the end of my immigration journey. I just hope no weather will interfere (joke).
And, here is a short question: the letter requires several documents:
- permanent resident card (have it ready)
- reentry permit (did not travel)
- any immogration documents I may have - am I to appear with good 7" of everything I have ever filed, or is just 2" N-400 application with all the documents enough?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: N-400 update - finally an oath!!!

Originally Posted by Waterpony
Hi all,
Haven't been around for awhile, due to many changes that happened in the last 6-7 months...
I passed the citizenship interview in mid-August 2005 in New Orleans, and at the end of August (before the oath) was displaced by hurricane Katrina, and in December 2005 I permanently relocated to Denver, Colorado (gosh I so love it here...
My concern was, of course, the oath ceremony and what is going to happen with the N-400, particularly since the files were moved from New Orleans to Memphis district office (and I don't think anybody would be comfortable knowing their file is being moved... I reported to USCIS office in Denver in January, and they requested my file, which was received on March 28th. Today, I got an oath notice - it will be on June 30th. I am so relieved... -after 9 months of wait just for an oath I am finally at the end of my immigration journey. I just hope no weather will interfere (joke).
- any immogration documents I may have - am I to appear with good 7" of everything I have ever filed, or is just 2" N-400 application with all the documents enough?

In your particular circumstances I'd go for the 7". (No off-colour comments from the peanut gallery, please, even though it would be correct ) You never know what might have become water-logged.
Best of luck and glad to hear you're resettled and loving it.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful News, WP. Didn't know you moved to Denver. What a change of scenery for you. How are you liking it so far?

For the ceremony, bring your passport, greencard and any I-94's and/or AP you still might have.

Have a great day.

Rete
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
Wonderful News, WP. Didn't know you moved to Denver. What a change of scenery for you. How are you liking it so far?
Hi Rete,
Yup, things have been hectic, but I am OK and so very happy in Denver now...
Being originally born and raised close to Alps, I am thriving just looking at the Rockies, and I certainly love Colorado weather, culture, even the dry spells... My allergies that tortured me down in New Olreans are gone, yey. Now, to make a long story short, when my husband (who stayed in the Superdome due to the nature of his work) called (after he left the Dome and drove by the house) and told me that our house, that we bought 2 months before the storm, flooded (I was in Little Rock on the company's disaster recovery site) - I started to send my resume around...call me chicken but I did not see any speedy return to New Orleans...and was I right...
I was offered a job with a hospital in Denver (doing the same database administration work that I love) and accepted it. And what is even greater, my husband has been offered a position at the same place, and now we are working together.... I think we have been extremely lucky, especially comparing to all the people that are still chasing insurance money and living day by day uncertain whether they will have to raise their homes, tear down or rebuild...Even my co-workers that have returned to NO are facing relocation if they want to stay with their current job, because the entire Information Technology dept is going to be moved to Little Rock.
How have you been? It saddens me that we were never able to meet when I was in NO (I remember you were going to visit your daughter in MS, how is she?) - however, if you ever decide to get some skiing in Colorado, please remember I'm here...
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bionomique
In your particular circumstances I'd go for the 7". (No off-colour comments from the peanut gallery, please, even though it would be correct ) You never know what might have become water-logged.
Best of luck and glad to hear you're resettled and loving it.
Thanks bionomique...and golly did you make me laugh...when I was writing my note I totally missed the inch(es) referrence that may be inferred...
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you both are literally on top of the world. Glad that the altitude and weather is to your liking. Makes life so much easier, doesn't it. Sorry we didn't get to meet up either. We could have done so in the next few months as the son-in-law who lost his income apartment building which on was the beach in Long Beach and his private home two blocks in finally got the insurance money. They just last week bought a home in Hattiesburg, MS. Good schools for the new grandson in the future and both of them like the area. You will probably have a better chance of meeting up with them as they are both skiers and Joe has property in CO so they visit there for skiing in the winter.

Look forward to reading your details on the ceremony. Stay in touch, lady ;-)

Hi Rete,
Yup, things have been hectic, but I am OK and so very happy in Denver now...
Being originally born and raised close to Alps, I am thriving just looking at the Rockies, and I certainly love Colorado weather, culture, even the dry spells... My allergies that tortured me down in New Olreans are gone, yey. Now, to make a long story short, when my husband (who stayed in the Superdome due to the nature of his work) called (after he left the Dome and drove by the house) and told me that our house, that we bought 2 months before the storm, flooded (I was in Little Rock on the company's disaster recovery site) - I started to send my resume around...call me chicken but I did not see any speedy return to New Orleans...and was I right...
I was offered a job with a hospital in Denver (doing the same database administration work that I love) and accepted it. And what is even greater, my husband has been offered a position at the same place, and now we are working together.... I think we have been extremely lucky, especially comparing to all the people that are still chasing insurance money and living day by day uncertain whether they will have to raise their homes, tear down or rebuild...Even my co-workers that have returned to NO are facing relocation if they want to stay with their current job, because the entire Information Technology dept is going to be moved to Little Rock.
How have you been? It saddens me that we were never able to meet when I was in NO (I remember you were going to visit your daughter in MS, how is she?) - however, if you ever decide to get some skiing in Colorado, please remember I'm here...
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: N-400 update - finally an oath!!!

Hi all,

What does the citizenship interview consist of? What sort of questions were you asked and what proof did you have to bribng with you? Just asking for when my time comes to apply.

Thanks

Alan
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Hi all,

My husband is taking his Oath on June 30th, too!

He'll be doing it in Indianapolis.

I'll be thinking of you on the 30th!!

Jen
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
What does the citizenship interview consist of? What sort of questions were you asked and what proof did you have to bribng with you? Just asking for when my time comes to apply.

Thanks

Alan
Alan,
My interview was simple and you can read my experience here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320829
I brought copies of all the paperwork I have submitted with my N-400 application and also copy of the most recent tax return ( plus newer utility bills, bank statements etc - my naturalization is through marriage and I have submitted those as a proof of joint finances). The interview lasted about 15 minutes - most of the time spent on casual conversation waiting for the computer to wake up and cooperate...
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeninifer
My husband is taking his Oath on June 30th, too!

He'll be doing it in Indianapolis.

I'll be thinking of you on the 30th!!

Jen
Yey...Congratulations...
I'll be thinking of you guys too...my oath will be in Kings center (performing arts center), I just hope they will not put a violin in my hands and expect me to perform...
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:33 am
Rich Wales

"Waterpony" wrote:

> The interview lasted about 15 minutes - most of
> the time spent on casual conversation waiting
> for the computer to wake up and cooperate...:)

I'm probably being too cynical here if I say that I hope that
"extra time" wasn't a ploy to get you to drop your guard and
say something incriminating that would give them an excuse to
reject your application (or worse). :-}

Rich Wales [email protected] http://www.richw.org/dualcit/
*DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, professional immigration consultant,
or consular officer. My comments are for discussion purposes only and
are not intended to be relied upon as legal or professional advice.

Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: N-400 update - finally an oath!!!

Alan,
My interview was simple and you can read my experience here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320829
I brought copies of all the paperwork I have submitted with my N-400 application and also copy of the most recent tax return ( plus newer utility bills, bank statements etc - my naturalization is through marriage and I have submitted those as a proof of joint finances). The interview lasted about 15 minutes - most of the time spent on casual conversation waiting for the computer to wake up and cooperate...
Thanks waterpony (love your screen name by the way) How was the Citizenship Exam? Was it easy or did you consider it difficult?

Congrats again on your new status )