N-400 TSC Update

Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

canuckshark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 TSC Update

Hello All:

I submitted my application on July 28 to beat the fee increase. As of today, I have not heard anything back - no NOAs, no RFEs, no cashed checks.

Folks who submitted along the same time, are you all experiencing the same delays? I am hoping this is related to the crush of apps that dropped at the service center doorstep.

Thank you in advance.
Canuck
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N-400 TSC Update

Originally Posted by canuckshark
Hello All:

I submitted my application on July 28 to beat the fee increase. As of today, I have not heard anything back - no NOAs, no RFEs, no cashed checks.

Folks who submitted along the same time, are you all experiencing the same delays? I am hoping this is related to the crush of apps that dropped at the service center doorstep.

Thank you in advance.
Canuck
not sure where you are but my son's in san diego and he submitted his N400 in June. he's had his fingerprints last month.

i would question why your cheque has not yet been cashed. seems in most instances that's the first thing they do however July 28, it's only 5 weeks back so maybe there is a huge backlog in your location. good luck.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
not sure where you are but my son's in san diego and he submitted his N400 in June. he's had his fingerprints last month.

i would question why your cheque has not yet been cashed. seems in most instances that's the first thing they do however July 28, it's only 5 weeks back so maybe there is a huge backlog in your location. good luck.
I filed with TSC.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I filed with TSC.
There was a press release from USCIS, you may find it on uscis.gov, that basically said "due to the high number of filings, we are late in sending out NOAs and entering the cases into the system."

Another forumite posted the link a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, you could have fallen into this pit. This press release listed the Service center by petition type and the date that they were current on. You may want to go the website and see if there is an update (or just to read this memo).

Good luck!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
There was a press release from USCIS, you may find it on uscis.gov, that basically said "due to the high number of filings, we are late in sending out NOAs and entering the cases into the system."

Another forumite posted the link a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, you could have fallen into this pit. This press release listed the Service center by petition type and the date that they were current on. You may want to go the website and see if there is an update (or just to read this memo).

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the helpful info. The 8/24 press release says that TSC has processed N-400 Apps up to 7/15; I guess we are getting there.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the helpful info. The 8/24 press release says that TSC has processed N-400 Apps up to 7/15; I guess we are getting there.
Hi, I also filed my n-400 through TSC, back in early June.

Here's my time line so far.

June 8th 2007 - Application mailed
June 12th - Application arrived at TSC
June 25th - Check cashed
July 5th - Received I-797 Notice of Action
July 5th - Received Finger print notification for July 11th.
July 11th - Fingerprints taken.
Waiting for interview letter.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon things are chugging at the TSC. I filed my N-400 recently - got my return receipt to say they had received it on the 16th of August - check not been cashed yet either - it was cashed within 2 weeks when I filed my I-751, so I'm guessing its the backlog.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:03 am
B&J&S Fishbein

I filed to Vermont on July 28th and also haven't heard anything...checks
haven't been cashed, no NOA yet.

Happy waiting

Jonathan (fellow Canuck expat)

"mickmills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
>> Thank you so much for the helpful info. The 8/24 press release
>> says that TSC has processed N-400 Apps up to 7/15; I guess we are
>> getting there.
>
> Hi, I also filed my n-400 through TSC, back in early June.
>
> Here's my time line so far.
>
> June 8th 2007 - Application mailed
> June 12th - Application arrived at TSC
> June 25th - Check cashed
> July 5th - Received I-797 Notice of Action
> July 5th - Received Finger print notification for July 11th.
> July 11th - Fingerprints taken.
> Waiting for interview letter.
>
> --

Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:53 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

They are definitely running with a huge backup, but the backup is with entering the apps into th system and sending out the receipt notices, in all of the cases I've heard about the check has been cashed, but everyone was waiting on the receipt notifications.

It's probably to soon to request an Infopass appointment, but I'd definitely recommend checking out the press release section of the USCIS website to see what dates that are working on to send out the receipt notices and go from there.

Did you send the app and supporting docs certified mail, and have you tracked the shipping to make sure it got there?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point

They're calling it the 'frontlog' instead of backlog, since the delay is in acknowledging the receipt of application packages. Interesting terminology.

The USCIS homepage now has a link under "important alert" on the right hand side to give weekly updates (every friday) on the status of application receipts. The last update was posted on September 7, 2007.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
They are definitely running with a huge backup, but the backup is with entering the apps into th system and sending out the receipt notices, in all of the cases I've heard about the check has been cashed, but everyone was waiting on the receipt notifications.

It's probably to soon to request an Infopass appointment, but I'd definitely recommend checking out the press release section of the USCIS website to see what dates that are working on to send out the receipt notices and go from there.

Did you send the app and supporting docs certified mail, and have you tracked the shipping to make sure it got there?
The 9/14 Alert says that TSC is processing apps from 7/16 - great! My one was mailed on 7/28 - we are getting there.

Also, with my, there still has not been any sign of the cashed check - I did receive the certified letter notification back 3 days after the package was mailed.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The 9/14 Alert says that TSC is processing apps from 7/16 - great! My one was mailed on 7/28 - we are getting there.

Also, with my, there still has not been any sign of the cashed check - I did receive the certified letter notification back 3 days after the package was mailed.
I wouldn't take too much notice of the processing dates on the USCIS website. My daughter applied at the end of Aug 06...had her bio's done and received her interview letter...while the website was showing they were processing applications received before June 06.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

studio78 is an unknown quantity at this point

The 8-24 receipting notice showed TSC processing applications received on or before 7-15. So, it took them 3 weeks to move 1 day? Either they are really backed up or those dates are screwed up.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

Mine went into VSC on July 27th too, and they cleared the check around August 15th, but I haven't had any NOA or any correspondence from them yet still.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by studio78
So, it took them 3 weeks to move 1 day?
This is exactly right. TSC receives hundreds of applications each day... do you seriously believe they get through all those applications on a daily basis?

Either they are really backed up or those dates are screwed up.
I completely fail to understand why you're so surprised!

Ian