British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   N-400 timeline, Dallas (Oct 06- ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/n-400-timeline-dallas-oct-06-a-400965/)

Scarlett-Dallas Oct 7th 2006 9:02 pm

N-400 timeline, Dallas (Oct 06- )

I'm starting a timeline thread here which will include details on what, when, and how I go through the process, any cockups made by me or USCIS if and when they occur, etc. etc. Hope it's helpful to someone out there. I'll add to it as I go through the process.

OCTOBER 2, 2006
N-400 goes in ordinary US mail, addressed to TSC, along with:
*Filing fee (personal check) of $330
*Fingerprint fee (2nd personal check) of $70
*2 color passport photos
*Marriage certificate
*Copy of US husband's bith certificate (proof of citizenship)
*Copy of both sides of Perm. resident card
*Evidence of co-mingled finances
----joint mortgage papers
----joint bank account docs
----evidence of joint car loans
----evidence of joint liablity on credit cards
*Evidence of termination of prior marriages
----Copy of a death certificate
----Copy of a divorce decree absolute
*Cover index page listing all the above as provided

OCTOBER 6, 2006
Both checks show up as cashed in my bank account. So far so good.

More follows...

:)

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Scarlett-Dallas Oct 14th 2006 10:18 pm

UPDATE Re: N-400 timeline, Dallas (Oct 06- )

In the post today, I received an NOA to say my citizenship application has been received and a second NOA informing me I have a fingerprint appointment on the 24th. Three weeks from mailing the application to getting fingerprinted--not bad progress so far! Timeline updated below.

OCTOBER 2, 2006
N-400 goes in ordinary US mail, addressed to TSC, along with:
*Filing fee (personal check) of $330
*Fingerprint fee (2nd personal check) of $70
*2 color passport photos
*Marriage certificate
*Copy of US husband's birth certificate (proof of citizenship)
*Copy of both sides of Perm. resident card
*Evidence of co-mingled finances
----joint mortgage papers
----joint bank account docs
----evidence of joint car loans
----evidence of joint liablity on credit cards
*Evidence of termination of prior marriages
----Copy of a death certificate
----Copy of a divorce decree absolute
*Cover index page listing all the above as provided

OCTOBER 6, 2006
Both checks show up as cashed in my bank account. So far so good.

OCTOBER 14, 2006
Received two NOAs
*Application received, priority date 10/4/06. I should expect to be notified of date and place of interview within 540 days of the notice.
*Fingerprint appointment scheduled for 10/24/06

OCTOBER 24, 2006
Fingerprint appointment.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

trasler Oct 17th 2006 5:39 pm

Re: UPDATE Re: N-400 timeline, Dallas (Oct 06- )

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Dallas
In the post today, I received an NOA to say my citizenship application has been received and a second NOA informing me I have a fingerprint appointment on the 24th. Three weeks from mailing the application to getting fingerprinted--not bad progress so far!

I am also being processed through Dallas. I mailled my paperwork July 24th, it was received by them July 27th, my fingerprint appointment was August 17th ... and I've heard nothing since ...

Scarlett-Dallas Oct 17th 2006 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by trasler
I am also being processed through Dallas. I mailled my paperwork July 24th, it was received by them July 27th, my fingerprint appointment was August 17th ... and I've heard nothing since ...

Thanks for the info. I'd appreciate you keeping me updated as it looks like I'm going to be doing everything a couple of months behind you. Great! You can tell me what to expect every step of the way!!

I think it's pretty normal to have a wait between fingerprints and interview letter. The NOA says to give them a call if we haven't been scheduled after 540 days!! I'm hopeful after looking at timelines. I'm expecting a wait of about 6 months between fingerprints amd interview.

The USCIS site (see link below) says they're processing March applications right now.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...ectedOffice=24

Let me know when you get your letter!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

trasler Oct 19th 2006 2:52 pm

Some colleagues at work naturalised last year, and their whole process was completed in about four months ... guess the wait is a little longer these days :(

I have a question for ya, though - the letter they sent me noting their receipt of my paperwork stated that I had missed some evidence, and that they would let me know what it was so I could bring it to my interview.

I was pretty darned careful, but I guess I could've missed something - but I also hear that they always send out the same letter regardless of whether the documentation is complete.

Did your letter suggest you'd missed something?

Rete Oct 19th 2006 3:03 pm

Whether it is Dallas or New York or Los Angeles, it would appear that it is the norm for one to receive the notice of action and the date for biometrics quickly. Back in 2003 we experienced the same in NYC with the Vermont Service Center. Mailed the N-400 on May 18th, biometrics first week of July and nothing until the N-400 interview was scheduled which can be months after the biometrics. It depends on your local office and their turn around time.

Best wishes to you both for a speedy affirmative conclusion to your petitions.

Scarlett-Dallas Oct 19th 2006 9:20 pm

Some colleagues at work naturalised last year, and their whole process was completed in about four months ... guess the wait is a little longer these days :(

I have a question for ya, though - the letter they sent me noting their receipt of my paperwork stated that I had missed some evidence, and that they would let me know what it was so I could bring it to my interview.

I was pretty darned careful, but I guess I could've missed something - but I also hear that they always send out the same letter regardless of whether the documentation is complete.

Did your letter suggest you'd missed something?

No, there was no suggestion that they needed more paperwork from me. What did you send?

Scarlett-Dallas Oct 19th 2006 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
Whether it is Dallas or New York or Los Angeles, it would appear that it is the norm for one to receive the notice of action and the date for biometrics quickly. Back in 2003 we experienced the same in NYC with the Vermont Service Center. Mailed the N-400 on May 18th, biometrics first week of July and nothing until the N-400 interview was scheduled which can be months after the biometrics. It depends on your local office and their turn around time.

Thanks, Rete!

trasler Oct 20th 2006 2:26 pm

No, there was no suggestion that they needed more paperwork from me. What did you send?

Well darn!

I sent ...

Covering letter
N-400 form & Addendum sheet
Check for $400
Copy of both sides of my Permanent Resident Card
2 Color photographs
Copy of the inside cover and signature page of my wife's US passport
Copy of our marriage license
Copy of our divorce decrees
Copy of our joint IRS Tax Return Transcripts for 2003, 2004 and 2005
Copy of a joint checking account statement

... which seems to cover everything you sent. Something in my N-400 must require additional info. The only thing I can think of is my extensive criminal record - three minor speeding tickets. As they were all minor, no evidence should've been needed so I didn't supply any I just owned up to them having happened.

Oh well, I guess I will find out when the interview letter arrives ... though it would be nice to have plenty of time to unearth whatever it is they want to see.

trasler Oct 20th 2006 2:26 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the thought!

Rete Oct 20th 2006 4:41 pm

The notice is standard. We received the same from Vermont in 2003 indicating that we will be asked for more documentation at the interview. Means nothing.

trasler Oct 20th 2006 5:40 pm

The notice is standard. We received the same from Vermont in 2003 indicating that we will be asked for more documentation at the interview. Means nothing.

Phew! I wasn't looking forward to trying to unearth details of a speeding fine levied over 20 years ago in the UK ...

Scarlett-Dallas Oct 20th 2006 6:16 pm

I didn't get one. ??

Scarlett-Dallas Oct 20th 2006 6:17 pm

Well darn!

I sent ...

Covering letter
N-400 form & Addendum sheet
Check for $400
Copy of both sides of my Permanent Resident Card
2 Color photographs
Copy of the inside cover and signature page of my wife's US passport
Copy of our marriage license
Copy of our divorce decrees
Copy of our joint IRS Tax Return Transcripts for 2003, 2004 and 2005
Copy of a joint checking account statement

... which seems to cover everything you sent. Something in my N-400 must require additional info. The only thing I can think of is my extensive criminal record - three minor speeding tickets. As they were all minor, no evidence should've been needed so I didn't supply any I just owned up to them having happened.

Oh well, I guess I will find out when the interview letter arrives ... though it would be nice to have plenty of time to unearth whatever it is they want to see.

Certainly looks like you covered all your bases. Good luck!

Rete Oct 20th 2006 7:26 pm

I didn't get one. ??

Maybe you got the newer improved version.