N-400 Tax Transcripts

Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:01 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Tax Transcripts

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm not about to ask which is more important to you. If you have studied for your test, you really have nothing to worry about. Tomorrow you will access your transcript and print it out. Try a different computer. Some people have said their firewall is what is giving them problems.
Thank you for the advice!

For anyone else coming to this thread with a similar question, I recommend you order IRS transcripts at least a couple of weeks' in advance over the phone. I tried accessing the site via different devices, browsers, with and without VPN, at work and at home - and my wife also tried using the site since we filed jointly. No luck and ran out of time!

Still, doesn't sound like it's going to be too damaging. Will report back after the interview.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:01 am

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sun_burn
Just got back from my interview. They didn't ask me for any tax documents. It was a yes/no question. I had my transcripts with me, though.
Sounds positive!
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sun_burn
Just got back from my interview. They didn't ask me for any tax documents. It was a yes/no question. I had my transcripts with me, though.
Well ?????????????????????????????????????????

Did you pass ???????????????????????????? Inquiring minds want to know
Old Jul 12th 2018, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Well ?????????????????????????????????????????

Did you pass ???????????????????????????? Inquiring minds want to know
Ahem, fine, I won’t keep you in suspense any longer - yes I did :-)

My N652 states I passed all the tests and marks the ‘Congrats you passed, once quality review is done you’ll get your oath schedule. This is a standard process blah blah’ .

I was expecting this - I don’t think my interviewer was a supervisor because SHE made a mess of my first civics questions - she added the answer as part of the question and then as I gave her a ‘Huh ?’ look said ‘oh I’m so sorry, I just gave you the answer too!’ . So I had to get 6/9 at that point, since she has to invalidate the first question after some frenetic typing. She thanked me for not putting her in a spot by getting four wrong, since she wasn’t sure what she could do then!

I had texts and emails right out of the place indicating first that I’m recommended for approval, then that my oath is being scheduled, and overnight further updates on myaccount.uscis stating I’m approved and that my last step is the oath, whose scheduled date will be notified by mail.

It was all quite friendly and non confrontational in nature . I had a couple of application edits including a recent trip to UK since application, but none of that triggered any delay in review/approval, it appears .
Old Jul 12th 2018, 6:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and do hope that you here shortly. Never heard of anyone finding the interview and the test anything but a friendly exchange and non-confrontational. After all, they do want you to become a US Citizen and make the test as easy as possible and have loopholes for those over a certain age in regards to lack of English reading and writing skills.

Hubby needed to have his results run by a supervisor because of a recent traffic citation but he was asked to remain in the waiting room and would be given the letter for the oath ceremony at the end of the wait. Worked out well for him.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

I too had a traffic citation within the past year. I explained it to her and started to take out the papers, offering them without prompting, but she waved me off, laughing in a 'they ticket people for that now ?' tone (I attempted to exit the carpool lane outside of the designated area). I worried for a while that they'd request a certified disposition letter as an RFE, since I'd only uploaded the copy of the disposition statement downloaded off the court website. However, this was unfounded, since I have received a notification earlier today that my oath letter has also been mailed to me, so it appears everything's sorted out.

It really was quite friendly, with the lady spending a few minutes at the end to inquire as to how her child could theoretically get into the line of work I do. This was after I already had the N-652 in hand, so it was a pleasant experience indeed.
Old Jul 13th 2018, 12:58 am

Just wanted to circle back here to close the loop:

I took originals of all the documents I submitted for the N400, including the IRS tax transcripts and a copy of my most recent tax return (that I couldn't get an official transcript in time for the interview).

The interview was very jovial, lasted no more than 15 minutes in total. My interviewer did not want to see any of my documents. Six questions almost as soon as I got in to the room. This was the simplest step in the whole process so far. Looking forward to receiving a letter for the oath ceremony.

Thank you all for your guidance!