N-400 ... RFE not received yet

Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of
Question N-400 ... RFE not received yet

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys would have any advice for me.

I recently filed my N-400 form and received the NOA with case# around the beginning of this month. Well, I was quite thrilled to see how quick the "turnaround" actually was...

But that's where it starts: On 11/14 I got an email from CRIS, informing me that an RFE letter was mailed the day before (Friday 13th of all dates!!!).

It has been a week now and I have not received the RFE letter or any further communication from USCIS. I assume that the RFE is really about the biometrics appointment- but I'm a little concerned about not having received anything at all. Is it safe to assume that the letter got lost in the shuffle and to schedule an infopass appointment- or has anybody else encountered a situation where government snail mail is just extremely slow?

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks so much,

Rebecca

Last edited by shadowboxer; Nov 21st 2009 at 10:51 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N-400 ... RFE not received yet

Originally Posted by shadowboxer
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys would have any advice for me.

I recently filed my N-400 form and received the NOA with case# around the beginning of this month. Well, I was quite thrilled to see how quick the "turnaround" actually was...

But that's where it starts: On 11/14 I got an email from CRIS, informing me that an RFE letter was mailed the day before (Friday 13th of all dates!!!).

It has been a week now and I have not received the RFE letter or any further communication from USCIS. I assume that the RFE is really about the biometrics appointment- but I'm a little concerned about not having received anything at all. Is it safe to assume that the letter got lost in the shuffle and to schedule an infopass appointment- or has anybody else encountered a situation where government snail mail is just extremely slow?

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks so much,

Rebecca
Hi:

FWIW, a client of mine on an adjustment received an e-mail saying the RFE was sent out on the 13th. I received it on the 20th, it was dated the 16th, and backdated by hand to the 13th and the envelope was postmarked the 17th.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info Mr. F!

Whenever you think you've seen it all, LOL....

I'll give it another week and see what happens. After 40 years, I am beginning to believe that there might be something to that Friday 13th thing!!!

Take care,

Rebecca
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever you think you've seen it all, LOL....
There have been a number of recent reports that the RFE is a request for biometrics - which makes perfect sense! They need "further evidence"... in this case, fingerprints, etc.

After 40 years, I am beginning to believe that there might be something to that Friday 13th thing!!!
Well, unless you're a Knight Templar, I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Ian
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There have been a number of recent reports that the RFE is a request for biometrics - which makes perfect sense! They need "further evidence"... in this case, fingerprints, etc.
Hi Ian,

I'd gladly give them all the evidence they need- if I could only get my hands on that letter they claim to have sent

Thanks for your input!

Rebeccca
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Update:

Letter was in the mail today... guess I was just being paranoid.

Good luck to everyone!

Rebecca.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Update:

Letter was in the mail today... guess I was just being paranoid.

Good luck to everyone!

Rebecca.
And it was for.... ? Biometrics after all? (looking at your sig)
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
And it was for.... ? Biometrics after all? (looking at your sig)
Hi Meauxna,

yes- as expected, it was for biometrics...

Having read other threads on the forum I'll probably end up with another letter because of the speeding ticket I disclosed- but I'll take it one step at a time

Take care,

Rebecca.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:52 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

Hi Meauxna,
Having read other threads on the forum I'll probably end up with another letter because of the speeding ticket I disclosed- but I'll take it one step at a time

Take care,

Rebecca.
Rebecca,
If it's any consolation, I was just at my Interview/Test, and I have had 3 citations. I did not receive an RFE, and as the officer saw and heard from me that they were traffic related, he immediatly moved on. It sounded that he would have been more interested if they were arrests, but since they were only traffic citations, he was not too interested
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by A I
Rebecca,
If it's any consolation, I was just at my Interview/Test, and I have had 3 citations. I did not receive an RFE, and as the officer saw and heard from me that they were traffic related, he immediatly moved on. It sounded that he would have been more interested if they were arrests, but since they were only traffic citations, he was not too interested
HI A I,

thanks for the info!

And (of course) *CONGRATULATIONS*

I did receive the yellow letter in the mail today, advising me that as I had indicated that I had been arrested (!!!), I should bring all related documentation to the interview.

Just in case, I'll bring a copy of the speeding ticket and the check with me to the interview- you never know- but it is so great to read about people who've "been there and done it" successfully already.

So, congrats again- and have a great Thanksgiving,

Rebecca.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A I
Rebecca,
Did you enter the traffic citations on your N400 or inform the interview officer verbally? (or both?)
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zonie
Did you enter the traffic citations on your N400 or inform the interview officer verbally? (or both?)
Except for parking tickets, you are obligated to disclose traffic citations on the N-400.

Ian
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Except for parking tickets, you are obligated to disclose traffic citations on the N-400.

Ian
That makes sense Ian. I just wondered what AI actually did.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:47 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zonie
That makes sense Ian. I just wondered what AI actually did.
I did include them in the N-400

The way I read the instructions.I did not need to submit additional documentation for Traffic citations with fines under a certain amount, but I still needed to disclose the incidents on the N-400, and I did so.

If someone here reads the instructions for the N-400 and determines that it states that they were NOT to disclose traffic citations on the N-400, I would humbly ask for a quote of the text that says so. The way I read both application and instructions, Any citation has to be disclosed.

Last edited by A I; Nov 24th 2009 at 10:51 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks AI. I agree, a citation is a citation. Congrats again.