Wikiposts

N-400 Process ??

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

rayquayle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 Process ??

Got a couple of questions for those that have been through the process. Sent the application to VSC and received the NOA with RECEIVED/PRIORITY DATE of March 31, 2004 and a NOTICE DATE of April 20, 2004. Any idea when the APPLICATION NUMBER status will show up on CASE STATUS ONLINE?

Anyone apply for N-400 while living abroad?

Thanks.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Jancunuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N-400 Process ??

Originally posted by rayquayle
Got a couple of questions for those that have been through the process. Sent the application to VSC and received the NOA with RECEIVED/PRIORITY DATE of March 31, 2004 and a NOTICE DATE of April 20, 2004. Any idea when the APPLICATION NUMBER status will show up on CASE STATUS ONLINE?

Thanks.
My online status showed up between 3-4 weeks after Rec'd date. (also thru VSC) Your should be up within the next week.

I have heard of others who never had the number show up and have already been sworn in - I think this is the exception,

Can't help with your 2nd question. Which district office will you be going through?
Old Apr 24th 2004, 1:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rayquayle

Thanks.
My husband applied in May, 2003, also with VSC. Received the NOA quickly as you did and the online status was up about 3 weeks after that. To be honest rarely checked it as things moved quickly.

Received appointment letter for fingerprinting in July at our local ASC center in June and in August received appointment letter for the interview in NYC on December 1. Sworn in on December 12.

If your number does show up online and then disappears I'm told this means that your paperwork has been sent to the local district office for final processing and that an interview time has been set.

Your last question asks about applying while living abroad. You have to have USCIS reasons for doing this, i.e. spouse of an American citizen working abroad for US government, etc. I know there are other reasons but not sure of all of them. I'm assuming you would be dealing with the US Consulate in the country you are living in for the naturalization process, i.e. fingerprinting, interview and oath ceremony.

Good luck to you.

Rete
Old Apr 24th 2004, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Jancunuck
My online status showed up between 3-4 weeks after Rec'd date. (also thru VSC) Your should be up within the next week.

I have heard of others who never had the number show up and have already been sworn in - I think this is the exception,

Can't help with your 2nd question. Which district office will you be going through?
Will be going through Baltimore.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete
My husband applied in May, 2003, also with VSC. Received the NOA quickly as you did and the online status was up about 3 weeks after that. To be honest rarely checked it as things moved quickly.

Received appointment letter for fingerprinting in July at our local ASC center in June and in August received appointment letter for the interview in NYC on December 1. Sworn in on December 12.

If your number does show up online and then disappears I'm told this means that your paperwork has been sent to the local district office for final processing and that an interview time has been set.

Your last question asks about applying while living abroad. You have to have USCIS reasons for doing this, i.e. spouse of an American citizen working abroad for US government, etc. I know there are other reasons but not sure of all of them. I'm assuming you would be dealing with the US Consulate in the country you are living in for the naturalization process, i.e. fingerprinting, interview and oath ceremony.

Good luck to you.

Rete
Thanks for the reply. We are in the group that you mentioned - I am the American citizen working abroad for the US government and the naturalization is for my spouse. The USCIS allows people in this category to choose the Service Center and office to go through. Also you can have your fingerprinting done while abroad (in my case through the military base where I work) and send them in with the N-400. I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if the online status shows up.

Thanks again.