N-400 Online

Old Apr 25th 2018, 12:41 am
Just Joined

gaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond repute
Default N-400 Online

Just getting ready to get my application started and I have a quick question about the N-400 Online process.

My wife has two previous marriages prior to me, so I would need an additional page if I was doing this the traditional way. How does the N-400 Online process handle this sort of thing? Does it handle it?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 25th 2018, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Online

You can upload attachments when you fill in the form online. We uploaded birth, marriage, scans of green cards, etc. In addition, you can take evidence to the interview itself - though I understand the latter is more of a corrective/updating aspect rather than not uploading anything and then bringing it all to the interview.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 12:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gaviano
Just getting ready to get my application started and I have a quick question about the N-400 Online process.

My wife has two previous marriages prior to me, so I would need an additional page if I was doing this the traditional way. How does the N-400 Online process handle this sort of thing? Does it handle it?

Thanks in advance!
What do you mean by this? The traditional way, if you wish to call it that, is naturalizing under the 5 year rule and under that your marriage is meaningless. Or the traditional way of completing the form by hand and sending by snail mail.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 12:50 am
Just Joined

gaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond reputegaviano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
You can upload attachments when you fill in the form online. We uploaded birth, marriage, scans of green cards, etc. In addition, you can take evidence to the interview itself - though I understand the latter is more of a corrective/updating aspect rather than not uploading anything and then bringing it all to the interview.
Thanks, Geoff. Yeah, I saw the evidence uploading bit which was nice and easy. I guess I wondered, because the web site allows me to enter all the data, and presents it correctly, that maybe it would just know to include the extra names and dates and stuff, but when I printed off the form it just looked incomplete.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
What do you mean by this? The traditional way, if you wish to call it that, is naturalizing under the 5 year rule and under that your marriage is meaningless. Or the traditional way of completing the form by hand and sending by snail mail.
By traditional I mean applying on a paper form rather than online.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 12:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

By traditional I mean applying on a paper form rather than online.
Reread my post ... it was amended while you were responding.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 7:53 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

My wife also has 2 prior spouses. The online form allows you to submit multiple. Note that you will need the divorce decrees for both.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
My wife also has 2 prior spouses. The online form allows you to submit multiple. Note that you will need the divorce decrees for both.
Yep -- got all the paperwork and I noted that I could add (presumably) many more spouses if I so desired or was appropriate. I guess my question really arose when I printed off the N-400 form to double-check I'd got the details right (I work better when I have a physical piece of paper in my hand) and I noted that one of the exes hadn't made it, despite being entered. Because the details are in the system should I assume that this is only a problem if I intend to submit my application on paper? I just don't like assuming stuff, especially stuff that involves USCIS.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 9:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure since I haven't got that far yet (can't submit until May 23rd) but I would assume that it's no problem because the completed application is being submitted electronically. You can raise it at interview just be sure, but I think it'll be fine.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Yep -- got all the paperwork and I noted that I could add (presumably) many more spouses if I so desired or was appropriate. I guess my question really arose when I printed off the N-400 form to double-check I'd got the details right (I work better when I have a physical piece of paper in my hand) and I noted that one of the exes hadn't made it, despite being entered. Because the details are in the system should I assume that this is only a problem if I intend to submit my application on paper? I just don't like assuming stuff, especially stuff that involves USCIS.
Pretty sure it said somewhere the interview was an opportunity to correct or update any information since the application could well be stale (bear in mind, in the past, in some places the form could have been submitted a year before the interview). For example, we need to add an extra foreign trip now. So anything that didn't upload for whatever reason can, and should, be taken to the interview for presentation there.

I'll let you know how it goes - our interview is in 6 days!
Old Apr 25th 2018, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, guys. And best of luck, Geoff!
Old May 1st 2018, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pretty sure it said somewhere the interview was an opportunity to correct or update any information since the application could well be stale (bear in mind, in the past, in some places the form could have been submitted a year before the interview). For example, we need to add an extra foreign trip now. So anything that didn't upload for whatever reason can, and should, be taken to the interview for presentation there.

I'll let you know how it goes - our interview is in 6 days!
Well, we both passed. Her oath ceremony is 23rd May; mine... probably... the same date. I asked why she got it confirmed and mine wasn't (yet) but didn't get an answer.

In any case, that's 103 days from filing online to the oath ceremony (3.3 months; way shorter than the varying 6-9 months estimated).

Only things asked for in the interview were driving license, green card, and passport. Wife had an extra one side form to sign because of her lost green card. In and out in about 1h30, though our appointments were just over an hour apart.
Old May 1st 2018, 7:36 pm
Often not so civil...

Well, we both passed. Her oath ceremony is 23rd May; mine... probably... the same date. I asked why she got it confirmed and mine wasn't (yet) but didn't get an answer.

In any case, that's 103 days from filing online to the oath ceremony (3.3 months; way shorter than the varying 6-9 months estimated).

Only things asked for in the interview were driving license, green card, and passport. Wife had an extra one side form to sign because of her lost green card. In and out in about 1h30, though our appointments were just over an hour apart.
Congrats!!
Old May 1st 2018, 7:46 pm
Concierge

Nice going. Glad it was so quick and easy.
Old May 1st 2018, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! We haven't heard anything on ours and husbands now shows completion date in January mine still says December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.