Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Naturalization Form - Travel/Employment dates

N-400 Naturalization Form - Travel/Employment dates

Old Jan 8th 2020, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Scot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really nice
Default N-400 Naturalization Form - Travel/Employment dates

Hi all,

I am soon going to be completing the N-400 Naturalization Form, and have some queries regarding travel and employment dates that I'm seeking some advice on!

First of all, I am unable to recall with absolute certainty, dates that I have travelled out of the US within the last 5 years. Is this likely to cause issues with the USCIS if i am a day or two out with my departure dates?

Secondly, at this moment, I do not know my exact start/end dates for a job I had in my first year of employment in the US (I am in the process of trying to obtain these dates from the company). Again, does anyone feel this will be a big issue?

Lastly, I work for a healthcare company and have worked at 2 different locations during this period (they own 2 different hospitals). Their headquarters are at the address I currently work at. Therefore, am I correct in thinking that in part 8 'Information About Your Employment and Schools You Attended', It will be sufficient to complete one entry i.e. my current employer and current work address, rather than completing 2 separate entries for each location/hospital I worked at?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Naturalization Form - Travel/Employment dates

Naturalization is one of the government things that they actually WANT you to do!

None of your questions will pose a problem for N-400 purposes. As long as you can be reasonably accurate, then there should be no issues, However, I would not try to stretch the truth (or outright lie).
Old Jan 9th 2020, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scot1
First of all, I am unable to recall with absolute certainty, dates that I have travelled out of the US within the last 5 years. Is this likely to cause issues with the USCIS if i am a day or two out with my departure dates?
You can try using the View Travel History part of the I94 website to pull your travel history with your passport info - https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

I know it says that it doesn't show LPR travel but it definitely shows all of mine. It's even linked my old travel to my new passport number...
Old Jan 9th 2020, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Scot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Naturalization is one of the government things that they actually WANT you to do!

None of your questions will pose a problem for N-400 purposes. As long as you can be reasonably accurate, then there should be no issues, However, I would not try to stretch the truth (or outright lie).
Thanks for replying!

Originally Posted by Olly_
You can try using the View Travel History part of the I94 website to pull your travel history with your passport info - https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

I know it says that it doesn't show LPR travel but it definitely shows all of mine. It's even linked my old travel to my new passport number...
I just checked the I-94 website and all my travel history for the last 5 years was listed! Thanks for the heads-up
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scot1
I just checked the I-94 website and all my travel history for the last 5 years was listed! Thanks for the heads-up
No problem, hope it's useful for you and anybody else in a similar situation
Old Jan 10th 2020, 5:37 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

cheers mate!
Old Jan 11th 2020, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Old Jan 11th 2020, 10:40 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

just checked mine again very thoroughly and realised that 1 departure was not listed at the end of the list even though it was within the last 5 years.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
just checked mine again very thoroughly and realised that 1 departure was not listed at the end of the list even though it was within the last 5 years.
Did you sneak out of the country unnoticed?

Even if it isn't 100% accurate it's still useful as a reference.