N-400 Interview - Approved!

Old May 11th 2008, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default N-400 Interview - Approved!

Wow guys, my OH said you were all right when you said the N-400 interview was easy peasy. We got there to his interview here in L'ville, KY about 20 minutes early. They called him back at exactly his appt. time. In about 15 minutes he was done. He said they asked him about 10 civics questions, the other standard questions, and asked him to confirm our birthdates, current address, phone number, where he is currently working and when he had last left the country.

The only depressing part of the whole thing is that he was told it could take up to 3 months for the ceremony. However, another guy who was there getting interviewed at the exact same time was told it could take 2 months. We're wondering if the 2 or 3 month answer they gave is just a standard answer, and it really wind up being shorter than that. If it really does end up taking 3 months, though, we may have to postpone it even more because he won't have time to get his passport before we leave to go on vacation in Aug. Kind of depressing to think about that though, since he would also like to be able to vote this year...but I think he's resigned to that if need be.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!
Old May 12th 2008, 12:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Interview - Approved!

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
In about 15 minutes he was done.
Excellent news! Congratulations!

Ian
Old May 12th 2008, 12:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of depressing to think about that though, since he would also like to be able to vote this year...but I think he's resigned to that if need be.
To be eligible he needs to register to vote at least 30 days (well, more or less) in advance of the election. Even if it takes 3 months for the oath ceremony, he'll have time! Nothing to do with having a passport... all he needs is his Naturalization Certificate.

I went to my my county clerk's office to register to vote, then went to the SSA to update my status there, then applied for a passport... all in one day!

Ian
Old May 12th 2008, 1:14 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about you today, Jamie, wondering if we would hear from you soon! Congratulations to you both!

~SecretGarden
Old May 12th 2008, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
To be eligible he needs to register to vote at least 30 days (well, more or less) in advance of the election. Even if it takes 3 months for the oath ceremony, he'll have time! Nothing to do with having a passport... all he needs is his Naturalization Certificate.

I went to my my county clerk's office to register to vote, then went to the SSA to update my status there, then applied for a passport... all in one day!

Ian
The reason we need his passport is because we are leaving to go visit his folks in Scotland in August. If his ceremony is actually 3mo from now, we won't have enough time to get his passport before we leave. AFAIK, he has to have his US passport in order to re-enter the US, which is why we may need to postpone his ceremony until after we get back -which may also mean he won't get to his ceremony in time to register.

Thanks SG for the congrats! I hope MrP's comes through soon.
Old May 12th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS....
I'm glad it went smooth.
Old May 12th 2008, 4:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The reason we need his passport is because we are leaving to go visit his folks in Scotland in August. If his ceremony is actually 3mo from now, we won't have enough time to get his passport before we leave. AFAIK, he has to have his US passport in order to re-enter the US, which is why we may need to postpone his ceremony until after we get back -which may also mean he won't get to his ceremony in time to register.

Thanks SG for the congrats! I hope MrP's comes through soon.
Congratulations, Scott!

If an oath date does come through, and it looks tight, post again. We had a trip already booked for exactly one week after the ceremony, and found a way to get the new US passport before leaving.
Old May 12th 2008, 4:31 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations, Scott!

If an oath date does come through, and it looks tight, post again. We had a trip already booked for exactly one week after the ceremony, and found a way to get the new US passport before leaving.
Congrstulations! Great news for you both.

Maggie
Old May 12th 2008, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: N-400 Interview - Approved!

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations, Scott!

Thanks!! I wonder if he's one of the first from the K1 class of 2003 to get his citizenship?

I can post his entire timeline if anyone cares to see it. Didn't there used to be a site that one could enter all the dates for approvals? I can't remember the site name.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! I hope it works out for you to go on vacation AND vote!

Rene
Old May 13th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!! I wonder if he's one of the first from the K1 class of 2003 to get his citizenship?

I can post his entire timeline if anyone cares to see it. Didn't there used to be a site that one could enter all the dates for approvals? I can't remember the site name.
Congratulations. I have my oath ceremony this Friday

This site is pretty good.

http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/citizenship-tracker.do
Old May 13th 2008, 2:42 pm
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! My interview is next month.