Wikiposts

N-400 fill in form question #6-B.

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 5:09 am
Wilbur Whitman

Default N-400 fill in form question #6-B.

Just killing time obsessing over the details since the Automated system at NSC tells
me that it will be 370-385 days until anything happens with my wife's citizenship
application.

We used the fill in forms for the N-400, and I have a question about question #6,
part B, where she was asked to list her employment history:

The fields you fill in are the from __/__/____ and to __/__/____ , and the only
input these forms accept here is numbers. Well, on a non-fillin type form, she would
have written 05/15/2000 to PRESENT , but the form doesn't accept this. Question 6
part A is much smarter, asking residence and PRESENT is already filled in on the
first line.

Now, what we did is leave that field blank, and then wrote in PRESENT, with a black
pen. We didn't want to give the INS the impression that my wife stopped working on
the VERY SAME DAY that she filed her petition.

SO, do you think some over-zealous, "strictly by the book" INS inspector is going to
bounce her form because we put the IMPROPER type of entry into that field, or just do
something even sillier and send a RFI asking for her to verify her work history? Or,
might someone there actually wake up, shower, eat breakfast, and actually bring some
common sense WITH them to work that day?

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 6:20 am
Ranjini

Default Re: N-400 fill in form question #6-B.

<<Now, what we did is leave that field blank, and then wrote in PRESENT, with a black
pen. We didn't want to give the INS the impression that my wife stopped working on
the VERY SAME DAY that she filed her petition.>>

I think you will be fine. I wouldn't worry about it. Ranjini

"Wilbur Whitman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
.com
    > Just killing time obsessing over the details since the Automated system at NSC
    > tells me that it will be 370-385 days until anything happens with my wife's
    > citizenship application.
    > We used the fill in forms for the N-400, and I have a question about question #6,
    > part B, where she was asked to list her employment history:
    > The fields you fill in are the from __/__/____ and to __/__/____ , and the only
    > input these forms accept here is numbers. Well, on a non-fillin type form, she
    > would have written 05/15/2000 to PRESENT , but the form doesn't accept this.
    > Question 6 part A is much smarter, asking residence and PRESENT is already filled
    > in on the first line.
    > Now, what we did is leave that field blank, and then wrote in PRESENT, with a black
    > pen. We didn't want to give the INS the impression that my wife stopped working on
    > the VERY SAME DAY that she filed her petition.
    > SO, do you think some over-zealous, "strictly by the book" INS inspector is going
    > to bounce her form because we put the IMPROPER type of entry into that field, or
    > just do something even sillier and send a RFI asking for her to verify her work
    > history? Or, might someone there actually wake up, shower, eat breakfast, and
    > actually bring some common sense WITH them to work that day?

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 7:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yup obsessive is the word. Now do you think for naturalization that INS gives a rat's arse if she is working or not? Hmmmmm ... nah don't think so. For naturalization the main criteria at this point is your marriage, her good character and meeting the time requirements within the US.

So NSC is as bad as NSC is it? Hmmmmm still a seven more months before we can start the process and join you in the wait.

Now put the form in the file drawer, close it, lock it, and go enjoy life already.

Rete
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 2:45 pm
Folinskyiinla

[email protected] (Wilbur Whitman) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] m>...
    > Just killing time obsessing over the details since the Automated system at NSC
    > tells me that it will be 370-385 days until anything happens with my wife's
    > citizenship application.
    > We used the fill in forms for the N-400, and I have a question about question #6,
    > part B, where she was asked to list her employment history:
    > The fields you fill in are the from __/__/____ and to __/__/____ , and the only
    > input these forms accept here is numbers. Well, on a non-fillin type form, she
    > would have written 05/15/2000 to PRESENT , but the form doesn't accept this.
    > Question 6 part A is much smarter, asking residence and PRESENT is already filled
    > in on the first line.
    > Now, what we did is leave that field blank, and then wrote in PRESENT, with a black
    > pen. We didn't want to give the INS the impression that my wife stopped working on
    > the VERY SAME DAY that she filed her petition.
    > SO, do you think some over-zealous, "strictly by the book" INS inspector is going
    > to bounce her form because we put the IMPROPER type of entry into that field, or
    > just do something even sillier and send a RFI asking for her to verify her work
    > history? Or, might someone there actually wake up, shower, eat breakfast, and
    > actually bring some common sense WITH them to work that day?

An immigration lawyer speaks:

At every immigration interview, the DAO has a wonderful correction device known as a
"red pen." They make check marks and interlineations. You make a mistake on the
form, it gets corrected at the interview.