Wikiposts

N-400 citizenship test experience

Old Dec 24th 2010, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

tempscape will become famous soon enough
Default N-400 citizenship test experience

I was there for 4 hours past my original appointment time so be patient.
I was asked for I.d, passports and green card then it was straight to the test.

The test comprised of reading, writing and US history.
For the reading part I was told to read 3 words on a piece of paper. I read it and she marked off in a sheet in front of her that I had passed the reading test!
The writing test was equally simple.

Be sure to study for the civics test because they read randoms questions from a computer. YOu never know what you might get.
She informed me that I had passed everything.

I was then asked some personal background questions. My date of birth, address and phone number, and general family information such a names and dates of birth.

I was asked whether I wanted to change my name then came those questions they ask at the green card interview, have I ever tried to overthrow the government, am I willing to serve the US and so on.

I signed some forms and was told to wait in the waiting room until someone came out with an appointment date for the Naturalization Oath Ceremony as they do not do the ceremony that same day.

The Ceremony was set for 2 weeks after the test.
It was a great experience, just relax, be honest with your answers and study for it and you'll be fine

Last edited by tempscape; Dec 24th 2010 at 6:58 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: N-400 citizenship test experience

Thanks for that. I had wondered what happens so now I know. Next question is if or when do I it!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 12:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go. Sorry you had a long wait (we were taken on time) but the interview itself was much the same. Even waiting back in the reception area for the appointment letter. Gotta love NY USCIS.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 1:02 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Way to go. Sorry you had a long wait (we were taken on time) but the interview itself was much the same. Even waiting back in the reception area for the appointment letter. Gotta love NY USCIS.
We were on time in Seattle, too. And I didn't even have to wait for the letter: the AO handed it to me before I left the office.