Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Cashier's check is void after 90 days

N-400 Cashier's check is void after 90 days

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Cashier's check is void after 90 days

Originally Posted by abir007
I had plans to go out side the country in 2008 but it does not look like that will happen.
Why?

Does any one know if one can travel when their N-400 is pending?
Of course you can! You're still a PR, aren't you? Why did you think that your ability to travel would suddenly change?

Ian
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

WOW ... I knew it was bad, but I guess I did not know how bad it was. :curse:

I had plans to go out side the country in 2008 but it does not look like that will happen. Does any one know if one can travel when their N-400 is pending?

I don't think there's any reason not to travel - as long as our Perm. Resident's Cards are not expired. The only snag would be if an appointment for finger printing arrived in our absence, or later on, interview appointment.
Once FP has been done we're going to be pretty safe to be absent at least for short periods I'd guess. I believe any absences have to be reported at interview to be added into the ones we stated in the N400.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes from receipt to FP .
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW ... I knew it was bad, but I guess I did not know how bad it was. :curse:

I had plans to go out side the country in 2008 but it does not look like that will happen. Does any one know if one can travel when their N-400 is pending?
Of course you can. I'm in the UK now till Christmas.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light

I did not know that. Yes my PR card is still good ... I think it expires in 2013 or something like that.

I might have a scheduled business travel in late spring, I guess I will have to see if my check gets cashed by then or not ... lol.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like NSC and CSC N-400 is moving along pretty well now. NSC is in fact processing Nov 7 or newer applications. Hopefully when TSC moves past 7/31 date, it will start rolling quickly. Being optimistic.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Aycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud ofAycee has much to be proud of

My Notice of Action (NOA) arrived today (dated 20 Nov)

They say to expect to be notified of interview date by local USCIS office within 365 days of this notice.

Now it'll be a long interlude before finger printing I guess. At least the NOA came quicker than I'd been expecting. Maybe things are looking up.

TSC
N400 26 July 07
Cheque cashed 19 Nov
NOA 26 Nov
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I found that last year, anyway, our case and the ones I was keeping an eye on all got the fingerprint notice generated about a week after the N-400 receipt date.
THEN the longer wait started. I think they are trying to clear namechecks before they schedule the interview, so you are not left hanging.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aycee
My Notice of Action (NOA) arrived today (dated 20 Nov)

They say to expect to be notified of interview date by local USCIS office within 365 days of this notice.

Now it'll be a long interlude before finger printing I guess. At least the NOA came quicker than I'd been expecting. Maybe things are looking up.

TSC
N400 26 July 07
Cheque cashed 19 Nov
NOA 26 Nov
Good news, seems that once you are in the system properly, it moves ahead.

Still nothing for me - they received my application on August 16th, so I'm expecting it to be the New Year now.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

I've just found this link elsewhere, to today's editorial in the New York Times.

This is a little different from those articles which appeared last week, the writer states an opinion and highlights points that needed to be made. Good!

Let's hope someone in authority reads it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/op...in&oref=slogin
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Couldn't have written that better myself, its what I've been saying till I've been blue in the face. I love this quote:

"But Mr. Gonzalez’s spokesman, Bill Wright, told Julia Preston in Friday’s Times: “We certainly were surprised by such an immediate increase.”

All I can say is what a bunch of thickos. Its like saying "Hey folks, next week, we're going to put the price of gas up from $3 a gallon to $5! Do you think there might be a rush?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aycee
I've just found this link elsewhere, to today's editorial in the New York Times.

This is a little different from those articles which appeared last week, the writer states an opinion and highlights points that needed to be made. Good!

Let's hope someone in authority reads it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/op...in&oref=slogin
Thanks Aycee for finding this article. I hope articles like this will put some pressure on. But then again, who cares when there is a total monopoly. They really don’t have any accountably for any delay. They are the BOSS. If nothing else, this article made me feel good.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dan725
Couldn't have written that better myself, its what I've been saying till I've been blue in the face. I love this quote:

"But Mr. Gonzalez’s spokesman, Bill Wright, told Julia Preston in Friday’s Times: “We certainly were surprised by such an immediate increase.”

All I can say is what a bunch of thickos. Its like saying "Hey folks, next week, we're going to put the price of gas up from $3 a gallon to $5! Do you think there might be a rush?
Agreed! That alone should be grounds for dismissal based on the lack of the minimum level of common sense (oh if only that was a valid grounds for dismissal ).
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Just another update - my fingerprinting appointment arrived today - quicker than expected!

10am on 17 December @ Oklahoma City.

For the record
TSC N400 26 July
Cheque cashed 19 Nov
NOA rec'd 26 Nov
Priority date 27 July
FP appt. received 6 Dec. for 17 Dec.2007
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Is that the time they also ask you to take the test?
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Is that the time they also ask you to take the test?
No -it's just for fingerprinting. I think the FPs are used for the FBI background check which they do as part of the process.

My NOA stated that I'd receive notification about interview date "within 365 days"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.