N-400 case status question

Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

ben2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 case status question

Hi All,

Whenever I try to retrive my case status online I get following message.

Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

I'm trying the USCIS website:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStat...rKmXYlg4jxtyEr

I also found that my application number starts with WSC*......

But in the website it says: It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). . It doesn't even have WSC in the list.

Any idea why?

-Ben
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 case status question

Originally Posted by ben2
Hi All,

Whenever I try to retrive my case status online I get following message.

Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

I'm trying the USCIS website:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStat...rKmXYlg4jxtyEr

I also found that my application number starts with WSC*......

But in the website it says: It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). . It doesn't even have WSC in the list.

Any idea why?

-Ben
Many people find that their N-400 is not on the case status system.

WSC= Western Service Center = WAC = Western Adjudication Center = California Service Center = CSC
One place, many names.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice
Default Re: N-400 case status question

I am in the exact same situation as you - no need to freak out. The plus is that when I call the 800 misinformation line, the frontline phone answerer says they're not authorized to view my file and immediately transfer me to a IO. IOs have confirmed to me that all is fine, I am in the system, and I have been put in the line waiting to be scheduled by LA DO.

They can't really explain why the application never appeared online - well not in a way that makes any sense to me anyway