N-400

Old Oct 24th 2018, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400

Originally Posted by tht
I am assuming you can reschedule the oath ceremony like you can the interview? I travel frequently and will need to make the whole process fit in with my work schedule.
Though not too many times, they can just decide you weren't serious about becoming a Citizen and cancel the N400
Old Nov 29th 2018, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Havnfun
Received my interview notice today for November 28, 2018, time to start studying those questions again!

We normally take a vacation in January I'm guessing that I should probably hold off this year, not knowing how long it might take to actually get my oath ceremony and then apply and receive a US passport?

I had my interview yesterday and I don't think the whole thing took more than 15 minutes. This morning I received notice that my Oath Ceremony has been scheduled for December 19th at the LA Convention Center at 7:45AM!! That is a terrible drive at the best of times let alone a weekday morning, might be looking for a cheap hotel to stay at the night before.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Havnfun
I had my interview yesterday and I don't think the whole thing took more than 15 minutes. This morning I received notice that my Oath Ceremony has been scheduled for December 19th at the LA Convention Center at 7:45AM!! That is a terrible drive at the best of times let alone a weekday morning, might be looking for a cheap hotel to stay at the night before.
Yeah, you know LA traffic. I had the same time as you last month and allowed 90 mins to get there from Valencia (should take around a hour with normal traffic). It took me 2 hours and I was late. As it turned out it didn't matter as it takes ages to check everyone in before the ceremony starts.