N-400

Old Mar 5th 2018, 9:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Very minor point but the biometrics might not be at the same venue. The above link gives the correct address for our interview, but the biometrics was elsewhere, at an Application Support Center (in a shopping centre!).
Very true. Hubby had all his biometrics done in New Rochelle, NY and his AOS and Naturalization interviews in USCIS at Federal Plaza, NYC
Old Mar 5th 2018, 9:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bullettoothtony
Does anyone know the reason for the longer processing times for citizenship applications relative to the processing time for visa applications (h1-b for example)?
1. It is not an election year; or

2. There are a back log of different applications that are demanding personnel being taken from one office and used in another, i.e. officers who exam submitted naturalization applications at the service center level or the officers giving the interview, are being used for other applications;

3. Because sometimes sh!t happens and that timelines change unfavorably.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mind waiting. I'm just happy to be in the mix
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Just received my Biometrics notice for March 19th and of course I am out of town that day Is it going to slow down the application if I have to reschedule my appointment?

I had to reschedule my appointment when we were removing the conditions on our green cards and I think it took about another month to get the new appointment.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 12:14 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Havnfun
Just received my Biometrics notice for March 19th and of course I am out of town that day Is it going to slow down the application if I have to reschedule my appointment?

I had to reschedule my appointment when we were removing the conditions on our green cards and I think it took about another month to get the new appointment.
As a matter of general practice, it has been possible to take the notice in advance of the scheduled date. Also, it has been possible to take it into a different ASC.

The ASC will endorse the notice that biometrics have been done.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

We took Mr. Folinsky's advice a few weeks ago and did ours early, no problem. In my case it was in, done, and out in 12 minutes flat (Riverside CA).
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
We took Mr. Folinsky's advice a few weeks ago and did ours early, no problem. In my case it was in, done, and out in 12 minutes flat (Riverside CA).
I went today. My appointment was for March 19th in Tustin, I had an appointment in Tustin this morning so I just stopped in and they had no problem doing it today. Was in and out in about 15 minutes.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

You could just try a walk-in. Turn up with your appointment letter and see if they let you do your biometrics there and then
Old Mar 12th 2018, 10:27 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by dave2702
You could just try a walk-in. Turn up with your appointment letter and see if they let you do your biometrics there and then
Did you read his post which was before yours? He did that already and it is done and dusted.
Old Oct 19th 2018, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Finally got around to filing my N-400 yesterday. Filed it on-line and have received an estimated time frame of December (10 months). We are located in Orange County, CA I'm guessing our field office would be Santa Ana?
Received my interview notice today for November 28, 2018, time to start studying those questions again!

We normally take a vacation in January I'm guessing that I should probably hold off this year, not knowing how long it might take to actually get my oath ceremony and then apply and receive a US passport?
Old Oct 19th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Received my interview notice today for November 28, 2018, time to start studying those questions again!

We normally take a vacation in January I'm guessing that I should probably hold off this year, not knowing how long it might take to actually get my oath ceremony and then apply and receive a US passport?
It makes sense not to book travel that might clash with the oath ceremony, and once the ceremony is done you need a US passport for foreign travel. Think Stay-cation. or just wait a few months. January in CA cant be too bad!
Old Oct 19th 2018, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
It makes sense not to book travel that might clash with the oath ceremony, and once the ceremony is done you need a US passport for foreign travel. Think Stay-cation. or just wait a few months. January in CA cant be too bad!
Of course, YMMV but my Oath Ceremony was 10 days after my interview - I booked a passport appointment for the following day once I knew when the oath ceremony was, had my passport back within a week and a half (I paid for expedited processing). Once you know when your oath ceremony is you can gauge when you're likely to get your passport...
Old Oct 20th 2018, 12:23 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawkini
Of course, YMMV but my Oath Ceremony was 10 days after my interview - I booked a passport appointment for the following day once I knew when the oath ceremony was, had my passport back within a week and a half (I paid for expedited processing). Once you know when your oath ceremony is you can gauge when you're likely to get your passport...
My oath ceremony was about a month after the interview, and my passport application took a couple of weeks, when I started it a while later, a few years ago, in Florida, so yes YMMV.

ETA
Once you get the certificate at the oath ceremony, I recommend taking it to the Social Services office to update your status there, because you will have to surrender the certificate for the passport application, and thus become undocumented for the duration of the application. A weird dichotomy

Last edited by RICH; Oct 20th 2018 at 12:55 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 6:03 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming you can reschedule the oath ceremony like you can the interview? I travel frequently and will need to make the whole process fit in with my work schedule.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 6:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
I am assuming you can reschedule the oath ceremony like you can the interview?
Yes.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.