British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   My poor English (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/my-poor-english-69418/)

Jcp_be Mar 14th 2002 3:35 pm

My poor English

ViergeGood morning to EveryBody, I search how to go working in the USA. I’m a
Frenchman, near 50 years old, Technical draftman (drawer) in AutoCADIn mecanics and
technical installs

I heard ‘old’men like me can get interest for any company in your country. More, I
know nobody like friend in USA

Can you understand my poor English ? I want to move at 50’s, or do you think my life
is over ? Thanks to you to answer, yes or not. I’m ready to listen about all.
Friendly to all, and thank you by advance,

[email protected] CV and références on request : 30 years d'expérience with 20
years like Engineer-Project Indépendant.

Claire Keller Mar 15th 2002 12:05 am

Re: My poor English

I too am an AutoCAD draftsman but I am in the steel industry. Its certainly not easy
to get this kind of work in the USA as AutoCAD based draftsmen are 10 a penny here.
The economy is so bad that USC's are finding it hard to get work let alone a company
sponsoring somebody from overseas. Sorry for the bad news.

"JcP_BE" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ViergeGood morning to EveryBody, I search how to go working in the USA. I'm a
    > Frenchman, near 50 years old, Technical draftman (drawer) in AutoCADIn mecanics and
    > technical installs
    >
    > I heard 'old'men like me can get interest for any company in your country. More, I
    > know nobody like friend in USA
    >
    > Can you understand my poor English ? I want to move at 50's, or do you think my
    > life is over ? Thanks to you to answer, yes or not. I'm ready to listen about all.
    > Friendly to all, and thank you by advance,
    >
    > [email protected] CV and références on request : 30 years d'expérience with 20
    > years like Engineer-Project Indépendant.

Jcp_be Mar 15th 2002 10:05 am

Thank you very much for answering. Good Luck JcP

"Claire Keller" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message news:
[email protected]...
    | I too am an AutoCAD draftsman but I am in the
steel industry. Its certainly
    | not easy to get this kind of work in the USA as
AutoCAD based draftsmen are
    | 10 a penny here. The economy is so bad that
USC's are finding it hard to get
    | work let alone a company sponsoring somebody
from overseas. Sorry for the
    | bad news.
    |
    | "JcP_BE" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > ViergeGood morning to EveryBody, I search how to go working in the USA. I'm a
    | > Frenchman, near 50 years old, Technical draftman (drawer) in AutoCADIn mecanics
    | > and technical installs
    | >
    | > I heard 'old'men like me can get interest for
any
    | > company in your country. More, I know nobody like friend in USA
    | >
    | > Can you understand my poor English ? I want to move at 50's, or do you think my
life is
    | > over ? Thanks to you to answer, yes or not. I'm ready to listen about all.
    | > Friendly to all, and thank you by advance,
    | >
    | > [email protected] CV and références on request : 30 years d'expérience with 20
    | > years like
Engineer-Project
    | > Indépendant.
    | >
    | >
    |
    |

Rete Mar 15th 2002 6:24 pm

My husband and I married and he migrated to the US from Canada when he was 57. After 36 years of computer hardware/Aviontic experience with the RCAF, Litton Industries, USN, etc., he was unable to get a job because of his age, overqualification, and lack of formal decree. He now works in a school as a tech for a mere $18,000 a year. Thank goodness we don't have to live on his salary.

I don't know your field but the labor force in the US is definitely pro-youth.

Rita